Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fenix - download track out of Garminconnect to the watch ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fenix - download track out of Garminconnect to the watch ?

Hello Experts

I've got my Fenix some days ago and I'm still in testing mode, but one of my big wish seems to be not possible at the moment...
    As I could upload finished tracks from the watch to Garminconnect - I would also be interested to download planned tracks from Garminconnect to the watch....

Currently, it seems not to be supported, as "send to device" out of a planning tool shows the message, that no supported devices was recognized.
    Does anyone has a workaround or tip or an idea if this is planned ?

Many thanks
    Daniel

The fastest way, export the track to a SD card. Than copy them from the GPX folder on the SD card to the GPX folder on the Fenix. The Fenix will show up as a removable storage device on your PC.
    Currently own: Fenix 5x, Epix, Fenix 3, Oregon 750t, FR 235, Driveluxe 50, Edge 820, Index Scale, Virb Ultra, Tactix Bravo

(please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Sports&Outdoor

Comment

Originally posted by MARIOMOBIEL View Post
      The fastest way, export the track to a SD card. Than copy them from the GPX folder on the SD card to the GPX folder on the Fenix. The Fenix will show up as a removable storage device on your PC.
      Hello MARIOMOBIEL

Thanks for your feedback !

I discovered this thread:
      http://www.mtbrider.com/showthread.p...Garmin-Connect

As I only own the Fenix, I cannot send the track to an other device to grap it from there.
      Also, my goal is to use the Fenix as a GPS tool to show me the way of the track while I'm doing it and not to export the track after I did it already ;-)

So I cross fingers that Garmin will add the Fenix as supported device soon to GC that I could sent the track directly to the device.

Thanks
      Daniel

Comment

You can also use Garmin Basecamp for that, it's free and u can install the Open CycleMap in it, that's also
        free. That way u can import and Export track.
        Currently own: Fenix 5x, Epix, Fenix 3, Oregon 750t, FR 235, Driveluxe 50, Edge 820, Index Scale, Virb Ultra, Tactix Bravo

(please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Sports&Outdoor

Comment

Hello all

Garmin just released the new firmware v2.7 where my requested feature is available ! ;-)
          Good job Garmin !

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f296/ga...746366-52.html

Comment

Working...
          X