Swimming with 5X and Mio Link - no heart data in GC

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got it. Thanks again!

Comment

I just had a swim session with the F5X yesterday linked with a Mio Fuse for HR.

As expected, I could see the HR on the watch but it was not recorded.

However, the HR was recorded in the Open Water mode and I can see the data in GC now. I am new to the activity tracker world so it may take a while but I will try to see if it is possible to export the data from the Fuse and merge with the F5X file or something like this.

If anybody tried this before, please let me if this is possible and if yes how...

Comment

I have written a simple data field to overcome this problem. I only have a Garmin Epix, which does not support writing into the FIT file by external applications, so I could not test it. I hope that it solves your problem. You just have to add this data field to your swimming activity and it writes HR data into the FIT file during the whole session.
        Give it a try, and let me know if it solves the problem:
        https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/1...b-9077d7e40d8b
        Explore and download apps to personalize your Garmin with Connect IQ, our open platform for third-party developer apps.
        Last edited by Geri; 05-16-2018, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Geri View Post
          I have written a simple data field to overcome this problem. I only have a Garmin Epix, which does not support writing into the FIT file by external applications, so I could not test it. I hope that it solves your problem. You just have to add this data field to your swimming activity and it writes HR data into the FIT file during the whole session.
          Give it a try, and let me know if it solves the problem:
          https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/1...b-9077d7e40d8b

I tried your data field on my fenix5.
          However, the heart rate was not saved to GCM, though fenix5 shows HR in real time.

Comment

Originally posted by zoonamai View Post

I tried your data field on my fenix5.
            However, the heart rate was not saved to GCM, though fenix5 shows HR in real time.
            Did you use an external heart rate monitor like Mio Fuse or Mio Link? I still could not test the app in action but it is supposed to work with external heart rate monitors.

Comment

Originally posted by Geri View Post

Did you use an external heart rate monitor like Mio Fuse or Mio Link? I still could not test the app in action but it is supposed to work with external heart rate monitors.
              Of course, yes.
              I tested with Wahoo TICKR FIT, Mio Fuse and Polar H7.
              If you want, I will send you fit file.
              I think HR data cannot be saved into fit file during the swimming activity.

Comment

Working...
              X