No announcement yet.

Determining the date

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Determining the date

Is there any way to determine when my 5x was actually made from the S/N? I've got quite a large S/N (54G123278) and was wondering when it may have been made.
    Anyone?

I guess we'd have to start our own database here on the forum....like watch forums have done with Rolex and such....leaving the last few unimportant serial numbers off....so the watch can't be copied.( not sure if the 5x will be copied though?)
    We would need lots of people to join in though to build up a picture.....
    I'll start....

serial:::: S/N 54H1124##
    bought ( replaced by Garmin)UK 2018 JUNE new.
    Gold connectors.
    Fenix 5x:::::::: Fenix 3hr:::::::::Vivoactive hr:::::::::Garmin nuvi:::::::::Garmin Tempe::::

Comment

Originally posted by Sam201176 View Post
      I guess we'd have to start our own database here on the forum....like watch forums have done with Rolex and such....leaving the last few unimportant serial numbers off....so the watch can't be copied.( not sure if the 5x will be copied though?)
      We would need lots of people to join in though to build up a picture.....
      I'll start....

serial:::: S/N 54H1124##
      bought ( replaced by Garmin)UK 2018 JUNE new.
      Gold connectors.
      That would be a monumental task, no, I was actually wondering, like Suunto, you can tell by the serial #, the first two are the year, the second two are the week, and the last numbers are the sequence of that week. I guess Garmin doesn't make it easy like that.. :-) Okay, thanks, I'll believe that mine, bought used on June 28, is pretty new judging from when you bought/replaced yours, and that date.
      Thanks
      Steve

Comment

As you say it would take years and massive participation.....as it does with collectable watches....and by then.....we will probably have moved on to a new watch and lost interest.
        You could phone and ask Garmin themselves......
        I could tell you the year of a Timex to a Rolex....but not a Garmin lol....
        Would be interesting to know...
        Fenix 5x:::::::: Fenix 3hr:::::::::Vivoactive hr:::::::::Garmin nuvi:::::::::Garmin Tempe::::

Comment

Working...
        X