No announcement yet.

Tides app

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tides app

Hello, somebody know why tides app shows dates so bad?. I dont understand why if the location is ok tides are shown so badly.
    Regards

Captures from 3 different applications, same position (pasajes-spain)
    Tides (garmin app) 1 photo
    High Tides 2 photo
    Bluechart 3 photo

As you can see Tides app show incorrect dates

Regards

Comment

Hola. Es increíble que no haya una aplicación que funcione de forma correcta en la tienda de Connect. Ni una aplicación de terceros ni siquiera los desarrolladores de Garmín. A día de hoy solo es fiable el Bluechart. Saludos

Comment

23 january

Garmin Iberia mail.

Attached Files

Comment

still uncorrected, please garmin fix it....

Comment

More than 3 months later still the same...

Comment

One moon... two tides a day ?
              The deduction that the moon draws the tides, forgetting that there are two tides a day, and apparently only one moon. But this remark drives people crazy, even to such an anger that I avoid talking about it…
              So let's do it! :-D
              First, the moon does not revolve around the earth; the whole rotates around their resulting center of gravity. Let’s give names! E is the center of the earth, and M that of the moon. On the EM segment, the center of gravity G is a little below the surface of the earth on the side of M. As the earth revolves around G, the whole mass of the earth away from M undergoes a centrifugal acceleration that forms the second tidal wave, to the opposite of M. Two mysteries still remain though: how is it that the gravitational tide caused by the pull of the moon is approximately the same as the centrifugal tide diametrically opposite to it? Both being of a very different nature! And how do we explain the variation of the tides coefficients that we see? The EM distance does not vary that much, not any more than the distance of the two accomplices and the sun! Nor even the center of gravity or the rotational speed???

My only intention is to take care of the scam of the second tide due to the attraction of the moon, for details of the rest, see your physics teachers that you had to trust and believe… They know more than me, since they are teachers!

Comment

I dont understand what do you are saying but the question is that it shows incorrect values for my location.
                Regards

Comment

Originally posted by ignacioeml View Post
                  I dont understand what do you are saying but the question is that it shows incorrect values for my location.
                  Regards
                  Predicting tides with only calculations can be tricky because it's not working only with the moon.
                  They are so many known locations with inverted tides...

Now I guess you won't understand that either if you don't take the time to read it...

But to make it simple:
                  "The tide, as it is observed, is the end result of the combination of many tidal bulges (constituent tides) each of which is linked to a particular set of Earth-Moon-Sun circumstances."

http://keith.e-dendrite.com/csp/lryc/pages/Tides.pdf
                  Last edited by NemoSandman; 04-10-2018, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Perhaps you understand better the problem now...

"Gracias por contactar con Garmin Iberia

Hemos estado realizando diversas pruebas sincronizando la información de mareas desde un smartphone Garmin Connect con un Quatix 3 actualizado a la última versión de software, y hemos verificado que los datos de mareas provistos en la estación de Pasajes difieren en casi una hora con la previsión real. Realizando pruebas con otras estaciones de mareas de otras zonas no existe esta diferencia, por tanto se trata de un problema de la empresa que provee la base de datos de mareas.

Este problema ya ha sido reportado para que puedan darle solución en el futuro, pero al no depender de Garmin directamente no es posible indicar cuándo quedarán corregidos.

Quedamos a su disposición para cualquier cuestión técnica.

Saludos/ Best Regards
                    Servicio Post Venta Náutica-- Garmin Iberia"

Comment

Originally posted by NemoSandman View Post
                      One moon... two tides a day ?
                      The deduction that the moon draws the tides, forgetting that there are two tides a day, and apparently only one moon. But this remark drives people crazy, even to such an anger that I avoid talking about it…
                      So let's do it! :-D
                      First, the moon does not revolve around the earth; the whole rotates around their resulting center of gravity. Let’s give names! E is the center of the earth, and M that of the moon. On the EM segment, the center of gravity G is a little below the surface of the earth on the side of M. As the earth revolves around G, the whole mass of the earth away from M undergoes a centrifugal acceleration that forms the second tidal wave, to the opposite of M. Two mysteries still remain though: how is it that the gravitational tide caused by the pull of the moon is approximately the same as the centrifugal tide diametrically opposite to it? Both being of a very different nature! And how do we explain the variation of the tides coefficients that we see? The EM distance does not vary that much, not any more than the distance of the two accomplices and the sun! Nor even the center of gravity or the rotational speed???

My only intention is to take care of the scam of the second tide due to the attraction of the moon, for details of the rest, see your physics teachers that you had to trust and believe… They know more than me, since they are teachers!
                      This makes perfect sense, and is very well explained. Thank you.

Comment

Hi, makes sense but info given by the tides app for my location is incorrect (Pasajes-Spain).
                        Regards

Comment

Working...
                        X