Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fenix 5X quick release bike mount

My Fenix 5X and Fenix 3 quick release

https://youtu.be/qwaPPs49XRE
    Last edited by elblogdesantacruz; 10-06-2017, 06:03 PM.

Wow, it's really good.

Comment

I've waited months for something like this to come out!

Comment

I need somthing like that but for the Fenix 5 !!!

Comment

those dudes are crazy, they are asking 80 Euros for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalogan72 View Post
            those dudes are crazy, they are asking 80 Euros for that.
            80 Euros is a bit stiff.
            At that price I'd expect it to have usb input for charging too.
            Fenix 3 Sapphire | HRM-Run | Foot Pod | Tempe
            (Usually on the latest Beta)
            Hard reset, Service menu, Data Backup, Forced Reinstall

Comment

My zero-Euros bike mount: a piece of closed foam cut from an old insulating camping mat: wrapped round handlebars and held with two cable ties to be about the circumference of a wrist. Then put on the 5x it with its factory-shipped attachment, AKA its strap and buckle. Works really well and is shock-absorbing as a bonus – including financial shock. One old camping mat will make at least 20 of 'em. High-production values photo to follow.
              Last edited by DB00; 04-15-2018, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DB00 View Post
                My zero-Euros bike mount: a piece of closed foam cut from an old insulating camping mat: wrapped round handlebars and held with two cable ties to be about the circumference of a wrist. .
                I understand the sarcastic joke but how is that "quick release" ?

the whole point of the post is that the guy has designed a quick release mount - we all know how to strap our watches to bikes

Last edited by s_orange; 04-16-2018, 03:08 AM.

Comment

Tongue-in-cheek rather than sarcasm. But my I apologies as I did not mean to cast aspersions on the design. If money were no object, I’d probably buy one. And my solution is not claimed as quick release. But it ain’t especially slow either.

Comment

Originally posted by s_orange View Post

I understand the sarcastic joke but how is that "quick release" ?

the whole point of the post is that the guy has designed a quick release mount - we all know how to strap our watches to bikes
                    Well .. his mount is indeed "quick release" but there is a fatal flaw - the strap must be removed in order to attach the watch to the mount. This means that in order to wear the watch, one must first attach a strap to the watch. Not exactly "quick" then, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by gaijin View Post

Well .. his mount is indeed "quick release" but there is a fatal flaw - the strap must be removed in order to attach the watch to the mount. This means that in order to wear the watch, one must first attach a strap to the watch. Not exactly "quick" then, is it?
                      Gajin, I think you've misunderstood the product ?

From what I can see the adapter has a garmin 1/4 turn mount on the back - so I assume you're going to need the standard garmin 1/4 turn watch bracket/stap as well - why on earth would you fiddle around trying reattach the strap ?

I'm not saying whether it's a good or a bad product but at least somebody has got of their arse and actually made something, which is to be applauded - nobody is forcing anybody to buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by s_orange View Post

Gajin, I think you've misunderstood the product ?

From what I can see the adapter has a garmin 1/4 turn mount on the back - so I assume you're going to need the standard garmin 1/4 turn watch bracket/stap as well - why on earth would you fiddle around trying reattach the strap ?

I'm not saying whether it's a good or a bad product but at least somebody has got of their arse and actually made something, which is to be applauded - nobody is forcing anybody to buy it.
                        So ... you think it's acceptable to wear that entire mount on your wrist?

Sorry, but that just doesn't make any sense.

Comment

Originally posted by gaijin View Post

So ... you think it's acceptable to wear that entire mount on your wrist?

Sorry, but that just doesn't make any sense.
                          I don't know if it's acceptable or not - wasn't planning on buying one

Comment

Working...
                          X