No announcement yet.

Garmin Express Cycling Map Update Failure

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all,

Does anyone know if theres any movement in this space????

I still get 'error communicating with server' I'm sure about anyone else but I think this is the second update that has failed in the same way.

IMO this wearing a bit thin can Garmin please give some feedback about this issue and when is it going to be fixed .....

Comment

• Have you tried the steps in this FAQ https://support.garmin.com/faqSearch...4s2S0wfUYR2QY9

Note you can check if your computer can communicate with the servers by clicking here http://omt.garmin.com/

Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
      Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
      (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

• Hi,

I tried 'all' of the tips etc and sadly no change. Repeated server error happens each time.

A probable fix would be to reinstall both GC and factory / hard reset the F5X ....

Thanks for the help though! Merry Christmas :-)

CAM - Canberra AUST
        Last edited by SUSSAMB; 12-18-2017, 08:39 AM.

Comment

• Did you click on the link to see if your computer can actually connect?

(Well done on the Ashes )
          Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
          Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
          (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

• This error seems to persist version to version of connect. Seems to be something Garmin has either failed to recognise or address, which is a bit of a pity.
            Just updated to 5.900 and till no success. Perhaps it has been lobbed into the too hard basket.

Comment

• Did you click on the link to see if your computer can actually connect?

(Well done on the Ashes )

I followed every step, there is no issue with me connecting to the Garmin servers, and it doesn't matter whether auto proxy is enabled or not. Everything else works, just the dam particular update.

The ashes 'you beauty'!!!

Cheers CAM

Comment

• Frustrating..... Without reading all the way through these threads, I assume it has been escalated?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9xkywxizji...%20am.png?dl=0

Comment

• Just got a 5X for Christmas, connected for the first time and seems i am getting this error. By looking at this seems is not resolved and is persistent. Garmin any new/updated advice please..!! I have followed all steps and checks as per previous posts, frustrating that a brand new product and i can't update to latest maps....trying to install "2017.10 Routable cycle map Australia and New Zealand". Watch has software version 7.10.
                  Last edited by Scheibes1; 12-21-2017, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• Well we have reached version 6 of GC and a lovely surprise for all us frustrated 5x owners. Map still will not update. Garmin really do not give a toss. Very disappointing.

Comment

• After being stuck for a while, I think most of ours updated a while back. Perhaps reset the watch?

Comment

• I am still having the same issue with my 5X (Australia).

Comment

• Originally posted by aushiker99 View Post
                          I am still having the same issue with my 5X (Australia).
                          I was having this issue for a frustratingly long time.

I checked the cycling map for Australia on Basecamp Mac. It sucks up the maps stored on the device into RAM. If you pull down the map selection box it seems to show the correct version number of the Express failed update?

Comment

• I am not having this issue any longer, so I suspect it was fixed for the majority of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by nmyeti View Post
                              I am not having this issue any longer, so I suspect it was fixed for the majority of us.
                              Seems most of us having issues are from Australia. You a skip or elsewhere?

Comment

• I'm in the US.

Comment

Working...
                                X