Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fenix 5/5S - 12.51 Beta Release

We have new beta software ready for your upcoming adventures!

Fenix 5S: https://www8.garmin.com/support/down...s.jsp?id=11661
    Fenix 5: https://www8.garmin.com/support/down...s.jsp?id=11663

Note: Please allow for the updates to propagate across all servers. There is no need to post that the link does not work. It will after a bit of patience.

12.51 Change Log Notes:
    • Enabled Explore Sync for Fenix Chronos.
    • Fixed an issue where the number of floors climbed during an activity could seem inflated.
    Please send all bug reports to [email protected], and indicate which model of the fenix 5 series you have in the subject line.

Please note, the beta updates released on these forums are not suitable for APAC region devices.

Floor counter is back to normal now, similar to behavior where just slightly less than elevation change ft / 10ft/floor. 9 floors of credit for 105' of elevation change, and that discrepancy is likely due to pausing during the incline.

Comment

Floor count is back to normal during activities also for me with this 12.51. Thanks.

Comment

Everything seems to be working fine (Fenix 5s)

Comment

Getting sporadic dropouts from my tempe - and livetrack has gone tits up but not sure the second is beta related

Comment

Hi,

Anyone else having this problem too?

It used to work fine, for a long time, but now I cannot send structured workouts to 935 anymore. GC Mobile and 935 find each other and synchronize, but GC

Comment

I just tried it (for you): It works fine.
              Forgot to sync my changed calendar and did it now.

Comment

Due to problems that referring to battery drain (especially with version 12.00) I am in interested to know, if you can answer, when the stable version (13.00?) is going to roll out. I am asking just to know if I will wait or I return the watch. I would like to wait to see if next version solves the major problem we have.
                I am not referring to 12.51 at all.
                Last edited by sirgab01; 01-10-2019, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Fllor climbed is still not fixed for me at all. I have das where I climb maybe 10 floors and my Fenix 5s shows me 150 floors. Also, as I have not found any way to manually correct the floors climbed this is really messing up my overall statistics. Would anyone know how to at least manually correct this issue in Garmin Connect after the end of the day? An dhopefully this issue will be fixed for good soon...

Comment

Ben, it sounds like you may be bitten by the bad barometer problem. That is much further off than even the 3:1 bug that was present in earlier releases. 15:1 is way too much. There is no way to correct the floors, it is a fixed value of ~10ft per floor while stepping.

Comment

New beta is 12.21. I have installed 12.51. Why not increasing numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by denglerfranz View Post
                        New beta is 12.21. I have installed 12.51. Why not increasing numbers?
                        Where did you see 12.21?

Edit: I found it: https://www8.garmin.com/support/down...s.jsp?id=11663
                        Last edited by AnatoliAngelov; 01-16-2019, 05:58 AM.

Comment

odsweng Link to 12.51 is dead right now.

Comment

Hi, I can't install beta version 12.21 on the clock on the previous beta version 12.51. Does anyone have a similar problem?

Comment

Originally posted by jaro30 View Post
                              Hi, I can't install beta version 12.21 on the clock on the previous beta version 12.51. Does anyone have a similar problem?
                              To perform a "downgrade" you have to have the watch fully charged, if is not, it do not start the update.

Comment

Working...
                              X