No announcement yet.

All day stress always reports HIGH since update 7.60

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gronk_the_Mighty View Post

Yeah mate, I understand. It seems that for whatever reason, I've been lucky and just not got that bug you guys are talking about.

Perhaps it's due to my locale, or the fact that I got the watch quite recently (I think I updated it to v8.0.0 before I even strapped it on my wrist).
    For me, firmware had absolutely nothing to do with this. I got wonky readings when I bought the device in December, and I got wonky readings with each subsequent update. I even updated to the most recent beta after reading this forum (8.54) and I'm still getting the same wonky readings. I did try the hard reset trick, and I got normal readings for one day, like others suggested, but after that one day, it went back to high stress all the time, with basically no rest.

Is it maybe a skin type issue? Does the photo monitor have trouble measuring the R-R interval with certain skin types?

Comment

Fair enough. And I do believe you're having problems with the watch, but just as a diagnostic exercise, have you tried taking a few days off exercsie, booze & caffeine and just seeing what happens? Does it still register wonky stuff?

The reason I ask, is that I suspect the "hard reset trick" is simply erasing your "history" from memory and "forcing" it to assume you're starting from a "default" state of "total rest". So in other word's it's not actually fixing the problem you're having, it's just forcing it to "start again in a rested state", which quickly goes "wonky" again once it starts collecting data.

As I said, I'm not trying to say you're doing anything wrong or the watch isn't broken, but just as a diagnostic, it might be useful to see what happens if you just take it really easy for a few days, if you have not already tried that?

Comment

Originally posted by Gronk_the_Mighty View Post
        Fair enough. And I do believe you're having problems with the watch, but just as a diagnostic exercise, have you tried taking a few days off exercsie, booze & caffeine and just seeing what happens? Does it still register wonky stuff?

The reason I ask, is that I suspect the "hard reset trick" is simply erasing your "history" from memory and "forcing" it to assume you're starting from a "default" state of "total rest". So in other word's it's not actually fixing the problem you're having, it's just forcing it to "start again in a rested state", which quickly goes "wonky" again once it starts collecting data.

As I said, I'm not trying to say you're doing anything wrong or the watch isn't broken, but just as a diagnostic, it might be useful to see what happens if you just take it really easy for a few days, if you have not already tried that?
        I have had maybe four or five glasses of wine total over the last two years (no exaggeration). I have one cup of coffee at around 9-10am every day (exactly one cup), I keep a regular sleep schedule (even on weekends), and I meditate daily. And I do a light 2.5-3 mile jog every other day. I don't think that should be causing extreme systemic hardship. <shrug>

Comment

Fair enough. That sounds reasonable! Good luck fixing the problem.

Comment

Working...
          X