No announcement yet.

Ultra 30: Severe audio distortion with Bluetooth mic on motorcycle

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultra 30: Severe audio distortion with Bluetooth mic on motorcycle

As part of my continuing effort to get clean audio with my Ultra 30 mounted on my dirt bike helmet, I've bought a bluetooth mic, and paired it to the Virb. It works, in that it records audio, but the quality of the sound is very distorted. It sounds like some algorithm is trying to remove noise: all sorts of phase shifts, pitch shifts, volume changes, etc. The distortion is on the direct from SD card video, so its the mic/camera combination, not some post-processing say by VirbEdit.

Is there a camera setting that says "Just record the audio you get, don't process it, don't improve it"

Just got a reply from B&H's customer support.
    quote:
    Thank you for contacting the Customer Service Department at B&H Photo Video and Pro Audio.

I apologize but this microphone is compatible with smartphones only.

Comment

Originally posted by pat22043 View Post
      It works, in that it records audio, but the quality of the sound is very distorted. It sounds like some algorithm is trying to remove noise: all sorts of phase shifts, pitch shifts, volume changes, etc. The distortion is on the direct from SD card video, so its the mic/camera combination, not some post-processing say by VirbEdit.

Is there a camera setting that says "Just record the audio you get, don't process it, don't improve it"
      Sounds like we might have similar issues, but I'm using a wire external mic. Take a look at my videos and let me know if it's the same sound.

https://forums.garmin.com/forum/on-t...es-weird-sound

All the BT mics I can find are for cell phones also. The sound on them is not that great also.

Comment

Working...
      X