Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW VIRB Ultra ??

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

virb xe has poor video quality but possibility to connect external battery with waterproof connection. Why would they not do the same for ultra 30 ? only god knows.... they improved one feature and removed another.... what kind of game is that ? next camera again will have something new but not something what is really needed.... All one needs is good video quality and possibility to run camera with external battery in any condition. Is it too much to ask ? action cameras have been around for so many years but nobody seems to want to nail real requirements down once and for good.
    Last edited by SUSSAMB; 07-16-2018, 01:14 PM. Reason: Language

Comment

I bought my Virb ultra to go on the motorbike and have it fitted at the front of the screen where its not safe to turn on and off, there is not an alternative place on my particular model bike. What I would love to see is either an ability to hard wire the camera in or a remote that would turn the camera on/off .
      I have a Gopro hero 5 session and a remote and this is exactly how it works, it turns the camera and remote on/off. This gets round the battery life problem and my setup lasts all day riding.
      Personally I think Garmin have missed a trick here, only my opinion though!!
      Repeated god only knows why!!
      Last edited by Hoff; 07-16-2018, 12:57 PM.

Comment

In the Gopro the switching on and off is also very comfortable, I hope you can also do on Ultra 30, I have to consider the next virb.

Comment

Today a picture of a promotional display of the GoPro 7 was found.
          Nothing more to see, then 3 different colors, with & without LCD display and 10 meters waterproof, without a case.
          TheVerge

It can be guessed, that it will be unveiled on the IFA, soon.

Now it becomes interesting what Garmin will hold against it. GoPro is quite early with this new version. Less then a year, since the 6 was released.
          Last time Garmin was first, releasing the Ultra30 and lowered the price instantly, after the new GoPro came out (which was slightly cheaper).

I guess that GoPro´s biggest competitor is not Garmin. It´s the cheap china clones, many people are satisfied with. The only way to become the pioneer again, is to deliver new features.
          Garmin has GPS, Gmetrix and OBD2 support since years. But they are not well known for their cameras in the wide public. (My friends always ask what kind of camera I got and why it´s so expensive, compared to AliExpress devices)
          GoPro must close the gap and release cool features, which cannot be copied easily or in spare time.
          From my point of view, Garmin is still ahead with features, but lost a lot because of the case-decision (not to be waterproof) and the high price. They don´t have a big name in the action cam marked, but the same prices. We´ll see what happens
          Devices: Forerunner 405, Vivoactive & Virb X & XE
          GitHub: Read diagnostic system via Bluetooth
          YouTube: My channel
          App: Stretch

Comment

The inexpensive YI Lite has a lot of good reviews. Now, make something like that waterproof to about 150' with an extended life battery...oh, and some kind of 5x optical zoom, please...

I wonder why Garmin never came out with a Cube model, like the Panasonic Cube and Cube + and GoPro Session...

Comment

Is there a newer version of Virb to replace the Virb Ultra 30 coming out soon?

Comment

Originally posted by bg-pilot View Post
                Is there a newer version of Virb to replace the Virb Ultra 30 coming out soon?
                Really it's a good question. I think about new action camera and Virb is not bad, but camera is old more than 2 years. I don't want to have a situation when I buy camera and new one will be released in a month or two.

Comment

I think exactly the same thing I would also like to have a new camera but will not buy virb ultra 30 which is over 2 years old if a new camera comes in 2-3 months because if there is no new camera then I will probably buy Gopro hero 7 black instead I think.

Comment

Originally posted by DKM64 View Post
                    I think exactly the same thing I would also like to have a new camera but will not buy virb ultra 30 which is over 2 years old if a new camera comes in 2-3 months because if there is no new camera then I will probably buy Gopro hero 7 black instead I think.
                    Indeed, I think about GoPro Hero 7 as well.

Comment

I think in gonna go for a GoPro as well, been waiting for "something" from Garmin since June last year ..

Comment

I was also waiting and finally, as there are no news, I bought a GoPro 7

Comment

But without suitable GPS. Or OBD2. Or Ant+ compatibility. Or an additional case to make it waterproof
                          Devices: Forerunner 405, Vivoactive & Virb X & XE
                          GitHub: Read diagnostic system via Bluetooth
                          YouTube: My channel
                          App: Stretch

Comment

Working...
                          X