Announcement

Collapse

Forum Upgrade

We’re excited to announce that the Garmin Forums will soon be moving to a new platform that should greatly improve our forum experience for everyone. We will update everyone as more information becomes available.
See more
See less

Activate Maps stored in Virtual Drive when starting basecamp

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activate Maps stored in Virtual Drive when starting basecamp

I have a number of maps on a virtual drive on my PC, and when I start basecamp, these don't become available in the list of maps unless I use a little piece of software to enable them. I have this loaded on my PC, but want to install it on a friends PC - but unfortunately, I cannot remember where I got the software from. The icon on my screen simply says Activate Garmin Maps - but this may be my edited title.

Can someone point me in the right direction please as I cannot find the programme stored anywhere. Thanks

JaVaWa's Device Manager does this http://www.javawa.nl/jdm_en.html
    Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
    Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
    (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

Originally posted by peaksbumbler View Post
      Can someone point me in the right direction please as I cannot find the programme stored anywhere. Thanks
      Right click on the icon and view the properties. That will show the name of the program (file) you are using.
      using.

Probably, you aren't "activating" the map. You are probably opening ("mounting") the virtual disk.

BaseCamp will find (and use) any map files in the \Garmin folder on any removable drive automatically.

You might be using imdisk http://www.ltr-data.se/opencode.html/#ImDisk .

Comment

Originally posted by dpawlyk View Post
        ???Probably, you aren't "activating" the map. You are probably opening ("mounting") the virtual disk.

BaseCamp will find (and use) any map files in the \Garmin folder on any removable drive automatically.
        Good point, it may simply be mounting the disk. However some maps won't automatically show in BaseCamp even if in the correct folder etc. In those cases JaVaWa's Device Manager will set the correct flag in the map file so the map becomes visible in BaseCamp.
        Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
        (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

Originally posted by SUSSAMB View Post
          Good point, it may simply be mounting the disk. However some maps won't automatically show in BaseCamp even if in the correct folder etc. In those cases JaVaWa's Device Manager will set the correct flag in the map file so the map becomes visible in BaseCamp.
          But that's something that should only need to be done once (not every time he runs BaseCamp).

He needs to provide the name of the file (program) his short cut is using.

Comment

Yes agreed.

Comment

Working...
            X