Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Basecamp to load BirdsEye images on SD card

I'm new to this forum, so please forgive my ignorance.

I received a new GPSMAP64st for Christmas and am trying to make use of Basecamp to load BirdsEye images on the SD card that I installed. Basecamp says/shows that they are on my GPSr, SD card, but I cannot find/see the satellite imagery with the GPSr, but can see the files with Windows explorer, .JNX files.

Any idea why, or where I went wrong?
    Basecamp.jpg

Hello and welcome to the forum. I thought your post deserved it's own subject, so I moved it here.
    myConnect | StravaHeatmap
    F201 | F205 | F305 | 310XT | 920XT | HRM4-Run
    nüvi 1300 | nüvi 52 | nüvi 67 | Drive 61 | Dash Cam 45

Comment

You need to go into Settings, Maps or something similar to select them. I also note you have them on a card, is that card formatted FAT32? I'm assuming you do have a subscription for these files for your new device?
      Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
      Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
      (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

Thanks to both of you!

The Micro-SD is in exFAT format, Basecamp can see it and I couldn't find anything in the GPS manual about storage format. A one year subscription came assigned to the unit, so I know that isn't the problem.

With other maps, that I added to the GPS storage with another mapping software, I can press "menu" from the map screen, scroll down, select "map" then I see all the installed maps to choose from. These Birdseye maps are .JNX files. The ones that work are .IMG I believe.

Taking your thought, I searched and found that the SD industry has adopted exFAT for anything over 32 GB, so I need to get 32 or smaller. I'll try that tomorrow and let you know.

Comment

The fact that SDXC cards are formatted ex-FAT is the only difference between SDHC & SDXC cards. You can format an SDXC card as FAT32.

It’s easiest with an Apple Mac. In Disk Utility, a drop down file system menu is provided for any type of card that will be formatted.
          For Windows you need to use the command line tool “diskpart”.

Comment

Originally posted by 11k29 View Post
            Thanks to both of you!
            The Micro-SD is in exFAT format, Basecamp can see it and I couldn't find anything in the GPS manual about storage format. A one year subscription came assigned to the unit, so I know that isn't the problem.
            BaseCamp will see it but it'll cause issues with your device, format it FAT32 and all should be well. If you still can't see the imagery you may need to zoom in, or it may be that the selected map isn't allowing the imagery to show through, there is a setting to set the draw order when you download the imagery files that you may need to adjust.
            Last edited by SUSSAMB; 01-07-2019, 06:45 PM.
            Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
            (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

https://www.easeus.com/partition-mas...lity-tool.html

That fixed the SD! Windows couldn't handle it, only other option was NTFS.
              Now things are working correctly, note the check mark on the folder:...well, apparently I cant upload a picture at the moment.
              Having problems in using Verbabim SmartDisk FAT32 format utility tool when format Verbabim HDD, USB flash disk, memory card in Windows 10/8/7? Try the other Verbabim format tool we recommend for you.

Comment

Basecamp screenshot with the user folder now showing a green check mark.
                Attached Files

Comment

Great, I'll now close this thread.

Comment

Working...
                  X