No announcement yet.

Floor counting

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor counting

Later or before, it will be fix the abnornal floor counting?
    Not so normal watch like garmin are not able to count the floor climbing...

Not sure if the latest beta fixes it. Might have something to do with the altimeter calibration.

But you are right: floor counting is absolutely ridiculous. Can't really say since which release but often, I get an alert, that I reached my daily floor count when I am definitely far away from the count and this alarm happens when I am walking flat.

Comment

i am still on 9.10 and floor counting looks fine to me. up and down.

Comment

I'm on 11 (not sure since when though) and altimeter is a total mess last week or so. There're times when I open widget and altitude changes up&down at a rate of few meters per second. Consequently I can easily "gain" a few hundred meters on an absolutely flat 5k run. And I constantly beat my daily floors goal with ease without even leaving a couch.
        Not sure if it's a software issue or just a barometer malfunction.

Add: just checked, it all started on 27th of Nov for me.
        Last edited by B.Techno; 12-01-2018, 08:02 AM.

Comment

In last days I’ve on my display somenthig as 80/90 floor up!!! It’s crazy
          in worst case it seems I up about 20/30 floor
          actually data should be max 10 per days
          I don’t know if issue is in altimeter or software

Comment

I'm on the latest Beta, but also before on 11.00 (and even before that) I always hit my floor goal at the same flight of stairs during a regular week at work. Since I'm very active I don't really care about how many floors I climb over the course of a day, but seeing I get the Goal alert at the exact same spot (+/- a few stairs) day after day (as long as I didn't take any detours at work or on my commute of course!), shows me that it works.

Comment

Please, can confirm if works or not?
              i want understamd if it’s my watch issue or general issue

Comment

Although I find the floor counting a bit more 'off' than usual, I suspect the rather quick weather changes in my region do play a role. The FR935's barometer concurs with the barometer on my phone. Unfortunately I sold my Fenix 3, would have liked to compare with that one, it was quite good at floor counting even with quick weather changes.

baro.jpg

Update: beta 12.01 lists this issue as fixed.
                Last edited by Twinaxx; 12-19-2018, 10:51 AM. Reason: Reported in 12.01 beta as fixed

Comment

I begin to think my watch doesn’t work well.
                  When I talk about floor counting issue, I don’t refer to counting accurate (some floor up or down not counting is not a problem).
                  my watch display every day something like 50-80 floor climbing!!!!!
                  At 9.00am it show just my goal (and it’s impossible, at 9.00am I do only one floor down)
                  Is there someone with same big error counting?

Comment

Miki73e which firmware version do you use ?

Comment

With 12.10 the floor counting is even more way off. Today it counted 89 floors so far. Guess it should be around 10 or so.

Comment

So this was fixed in beta 12.01:
                        • Fixed an issue that could cause the number of floors climbed to be inaccurate.
                        but not in official version 12.10? Very strange versioning policy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pierrotsc View Post
                          Miki73e which firmware version do you use ?
                          even the last but the issue is present from many times

Comment

Originally posted by fischest View Post
                            So this was fixed in beta 12.01:
                            • Fixed an issue that could cause the number of floors climbed to be inaccurate.
                            but not in official version 12.10? Very strange versioning policy.
                            This is very interesting... and very strange

Comment

Miki73e What is your barometer doing when you get the excessive floor count? I'm on the latest FW 12.10. I don't have this problem. Have you placed your watch in a bowl of warm water with a drop or two of mild dish soap and then shake it around gently? It may be something as simple as the sensor ports being partially obstructed. This happen to me over the summer and rinsing out the ports corrected it.

Comment

Working...
                              X