Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extended Display...why?

So, this is a cool feature for multisport watches:

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/blog/fi...-display-mode/

But, as it says "Certain Edge® cycling computers¹ can now display data fields from compatible Garmin multisport watches¹ during multistage activities such as brick workouts, duathlons or triathlons. This allows you to see your cumulative stats, such as total time and distance, right on your Edge device."

So, why do they list the 645, which doesn't have the multisport activity type to be able to track cumulative stats, as compatible? Are they going to add said activity type? I can't see them doing that, though it would be cool if they did. Still, that's one of the things that differentiates the 645 from the multisport watches...

I saw that too and I'm not sure why they said multisport watches, as it's been on the 645 all along. You set it up in Sensors & Accessories. When it first came out, it was just for the 935 (not sure about the 735) and newer Fenix devices, which are multi-sport, so maybe they used some older text.
    My Connect IQ Apps in the Store
    Facebook - Instagram -
    Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by jim_m_58 View Post
      I saw that too and I'm not sure why they said multisport watches, as it's been on the 645 all along. You set it up in Sensors & Accessories. When it first came out, it was just for the 935 (not sure about the 735) and newer Fenix devices, which are multi-sport, so maybe they used some older text.
      I just don't get how it why you'd use it with the 645, which can't give you the cumulative time, and tracks fewer cycling related things that an Edge. I can't think of a single thing I'd want to display on my cycling head unit from the watch.

Comment

Some people might still use the 645's stand alone cycling function in conjunction with an Edge device for the sake of simplicity. I'll admit though that, that would've been more useful prior to Physio True-up.

However you can't really complain about having more choices in how you view and or display your data can you?

Comment

Originally posted by R_Tellis View Post
          Some people might still use the 645's stand alone cycling function in conjunction with an Edge device for the sake of simplicity. I'll admit though that, that would've been more useful prior to Physio True-up.

However you can't really complain about having more choices in how you view and or display your data can you?
          Sure, you can still use it. My point is that if you're using any of the compatible Edge computers, there is nothing for the 645 to track, and therefore display, that the Edge isn't already tracking and optionally displaying already. I mean, I've used my 645 on the bike, but even my older Edge 810 displays and tracks, by itself, everything the 645 does, plus power. Of course I couldn't complain about having "more choises as to how to track and view data," but this doesn't do that. The 645 has 0 things to add to those Edges.

Comment

Working...
          X