No announcement yet.

I just bought a 645 Music

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just bought a 645 Music

It is being shipped, I ought to have it in a week. I already own an older "Platronic Backbeat Fit" which I understand cuts out a lot on the 645M.

I swim a little, bicycle a little, and do more running and walking. I'm pretty excited to have this music setup for running.

I will not be surprised to find the technology disappoints me...it often does...but from all I've read, trying out the BT Backbeat earbuds with my phone, and a lot of quality time with my Vivoactive 3, I think this could really hit the sweet spot.

My optimism tells me this combination is going to help my motivation and take it to the next level of fitness. (I hope)
    Runner

Here's to a great fitness journey!

Comment

Originally posted by chris_in_cal View Post
      It is being shipped, I ought to have it in a week. I already own an older "Platronic Backbeat Fit" which I understand cuts out a lot on the 645M.

I swim a little, bicycle a little, and do more running and walking. I'm pretty excited to have this music setup for running.

I will not be surprised to find the technology disappoints me...it often does...but from all I've read, trying out the BT Backbeat earbuds with my phone, and a lot of quality time with my Vivoactive 3, I think this could really hit the sweet spot.

My optimism tells me this combination is going to help my motivation and take it to the next level of fitness. (I hope)
      I have backbeat fit and a 645m, and find these headphones do not cut out at all. Outside or inside with the watch on my left or right wrist. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Comment

It arrived yesterday and I did a little run....the foot pod calibration came up at 100.8, so that matched pretty well.
        I have to say, I can understand how athletes prefer buttons over touchscreens, because of certain conditions. But having used a touchscreen for a bit, and then just doing this one simple run, the touchscreen does have some nice things about it. I'm sure I'll get used to the full positive control button experience.

I have tried music yet....I don't have a Windows/Apple computer to use, and I haven't signed up for Spotify yet.
        Runner

Comment

Originally posted by steve.love View Post

I have backbeat fit and a 645m, and find these headphones do not cut out at all. Outside or inside with the watch on my left or right wrist. Maybe I'm just lucky.
          I just did my first run today with my Garmin Forerunner 645 Music, and my old Platronic Backbeat Fit. With the watch on my left wrist it cut out a lot, immediately. I switched the watch to my right wrist and over four miles it cut out a tiny bit four or five times. On my right wrist it was acceptable. On my right wrist it wasn't usable.
          Runner

Comment

Ah, BT earbuds have firmware updates too. Who knew? I'm going to try and update the firmware on my Plantronic Backbeat FIT tonight and then give them another trial...
            Runner

Comment

I update the firmware on my Plantronics BackBeat Fit to the latest and greatest: version 8.02.211, the verdict after going for a run?
              It still is unusable when on my left wrist. It cuts out a little with each swing of my arm. Good news, when I put it on right wrist, there was no cutting out at all. It worked perfectly.

Usable, but unacceptable that it doesn't work on my 'normal' left wrist.
              Runner

Comment

chris_in_cal We would recommend referencing this FAQ on our compatibility with different bluetooth headphones. There are numerous factors that can affect performance that we are unable to account for or change. It sounds like you may be running into one of these variables as steve.love has mentioned using the same combination without issues.

Feel free to visit support.garmin.com for more information or to speak with our support team to see what we may be able to figure out with you.

Comment

Thank you Garmin-Blake. However in the spirit of gambling away perfectly good money. Plantronics Backbeat FIT is probably a four or five year old design. Earlier this year they began selling the new upgrade design the Plantronic BackBeat FIT 2100....it seems like it is basically the same thing with four year newer design. Hopefully antennae and bluetooth receptivity are five years improved over the earlier model. I bought one and will have it in a week.

We'll see if the latest greatest Plantronics can actually be worn on my left wrist and still be useful.
                  Tackle your toughest workouts with BackBeat FIT 2100 – ultra-stable, sweatproof and waterproof wireless sport earbuds designed with Always Aware™ eartips that allow you to hear your surroundings for safer training in any environment.
                  Runner

Comment

I wouldn't get anything that isn't Bluetooth 5.0. Fortunately these are.
                    myConnect | StravaHeatmap
                    F201 | F205 | F305 | 310XT | 920XT | HRM4-Run
                    nüvi 1300 | nüvi 52 | nüvi 67 | Dash Cam 45

Comment

Yes, that's it. I'm hopeful. The original BackBeat Fit is listed as BT 3.0+, and the new model Fit 2100 is listed as BT 5.0.
                      Modern specs and technology I hope addresses the cutting out...if not, what good is newer technology?

Thanks, and I'll report back when I get them in a week or so.
                      Runner

Comment

Working...
                      X