No announcement yet.

FM645 update issues

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FM645 update issues

Hi, since Friday my Watch is either freezing, rebooting or reseting by its own. The phone says its on 4.00 and was working so far (lets call it) stable apart from some music app crashs while running. After first appearance of freeze i did hard-reset, since then this behaviour which makes the watch completly useless:
    A) 2-5 freezes a day
    B) Connecting to garmin express is not possible, watch doesn't get recognized no matter what i try
    C) Synchronising with the connect mobile app is getting failed message and every 3rd or 4th time the watch freezes
    D) i have a very limited menu compared to before these issues, looks like software is half installed e.g. only english language options instead of full selection possibilities i had before
    E) the watch is for some reasons reseting its own sporadically to factory settings

Is there any master hint to get the phone recovered?
    Any downgrade option?
    Anyone else seeing similiar behaviour?

Yes, you can manually downgrade your forerunner, but keep in mind that it also resets back to factory settings. you can find the older firmware by clicking this link http://gawisp.com/perry/forerunner/ if you don't have any problems with setting up you watch again, try the master/factory reset first.

First method:
    • Use the menus: SETTINGS>SYSTEM>RESTORE DEFAULTS
    • Garmin watch is factory reset and ready to pair to Garmin Connect again.

Second method:
    • Hold the power/Light key until the menu appears.
    • Choose power off.
    • Press and Hold lap/Back button.
    • Press the power/Light key
    • You will get the menu “Clean user data: Yes/No?” release LAP button.
    • Then choose yes to factory reset the Garmin watch
    • Garmin watch is hard reset and ready to pair to Garmin Connect again.
    Good luck
    Currently own: Epix, Fenix 5x, Fenix 5x Plus, Descent Mk, InReach Mini, Montana 680t, FR 235, Driveluxe 50, Index Scale, Virb Ultra

(please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Sports&Outdoor

Comment

Thanks Mario, tried all of above, nothing helps.

-I can't write the firmware to main folders, windows 10 gives only a small tone like i would not have the right to write in main folder
      -First and second method doesnt change the behaviour at all

Seems this watch is dead like bounced cat

Comment

Same thing happened to me a month or so ago. Was the result of a corrupt update. I contacted support and they replaced my watch. Hopefully yours is still under warranty.

Comment

The only thing els you can try is a other PC, preferably one running windows 7. if that doesn't help contacting Garmin support would be the way to go.
          Currently own: Epix, Fenix 5x, Fenix 5x Plus, Descent Mk, InReach Mini, Montana 680t, FR 235, Driveluxe 50, Index Scale, Virb Ultra

(please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Sports&Outdoor

Comment

Working...
          X