ANOTHER corrupt workout!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANOTHER corrupt workout!

So this is the third major workout that I can't download because the file is corrupted. (Yes, it's in the BadFit directory; and yes, I am running the most recent firmware.)

19 miles of running, a key workout, and I can't download any of the data.

At this point, as much as I like the product, I can't recommend it to any serious athletes until these issues are resolved.

Sorry to hear that you continue to have troubles with your 310XT workouts. Please review this thread to ensure that you are up to speed on the issue.

Ultimately you may need to email Garmin Support to see if they can repair the file.

Also, write down any data you fear losing because you can manually insert it into Garmin Connect from the Calendar page.

gbmod11

Comment

Originally posted by GBMOD11 View Post

Ultimately you may need to email Garmin Support to see if they can repair the file.
      Do you really expect any support from your colleagues?

I opened already a ticket about this issue and send them the file from the badfitfiles directory.
      The ticket was resolved with following statement:
      " We will check the file. If and when a solution - for this still to be verified bug- will be provided is not known yet."

This was two weeks ago - I don't expect anymore solution here...

Comment

I will give credit where it is due --

I did email Garmin support shortly after my initial post. (It was in the evening.) I was impressed to have an email response that night from support, asking for a copy of the bad file that they could investigate.

I do still hope, for the sake of all the other athletes using this product, that the technical team is able to identify the root cause and resolve it. I cannot see any other feature that should have a higher priority resolving a bug that corrupts user data.

Comment

Originally posted by IRON_DAVE View Post
          I will give credit where it is due --

I did email Garmin support shortly after my initial post. (It was in the evening.) I was impressed to have an email response that night from support, asking for a copy of the bad file that they could investigate.

I do still hope, for the sake of all the other athletes using this product, that the technical team is able to identify the root cause and resolve it. I cannot see any other feature that should have a higher priority resolving a bug that corrupts user data.
          And - did you get support from garmin?

Comment

Yes, I did. Within a few days, there were able to recover the details of the corrupt file. They did not comment whether they were any further towards identifying a root cause or a permanent resolution; however, I did not press them for details about that.

Comment

Working...
            X