My forerunner 310xt is dead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My forerunner 310xt is dead

my new forerunner, after 2 weeks of life, suddenly is dead, no sign of life... i was trying to erase a course and...pofff. i tried hard, soft reset, plugging into power, no sign of life at all!!! what's going on?

My 310 XT did the same thing for just an hour ago. It only a cuppel of days old!
    Last edited by NDURANCERIDER; 10-05-2009, 01:54 PM.

Comment

I had the same problem with my first 310XT--it was working beautifully for about 10 days and then died completely. Nothing could get it functioning again; I had to get it replaced. My new 310XT has been fine so far...I've had it about three weeks.

Comment

i think is a problem of the watch; tomorrow i'll take it to the assistence and i'll tell you what they will tell me....
        marco-italy

Comment

Miracle!!! my forerunner is resurected! this morning it switchs on! i think the problem is SW..., while i was erasing a course it freezed...

Comment

If it's still not powering on, try a Master Reset by pressing Mode and Power at the same time. You will also want to ensure firmware is up to date.

gbmod11

Comment

i've done it, now it seems that all is working... a miracle?

Comment

Originally posted by MARCONAZZI View Post
                my new forerunner, after 2 weeks of life, suddenly is dead, no sign of life... i was trying to erase a course and...pofff. i tried hard, soft reset, plugging into power, no sign of life at all!!! what's going on?
                We are experiencing problems with both our 310XTs and courses. We have been unsuccessful in getting courses to the 310XT, yet the same course goes fine to a FR305 and an Edge 305.

For the moment we are not attempting to do anything with courses in the hope that this will be fixed in a future update.

Comment

my 310XT doesn't start up again

I went for a short run today
                  It was raining softly
                  I put my 310XT on charging today at 20h00
                  When I checked for the status at 21h00 the 310XT was out
                  and I could not start it up again.
                  No Soft or Hard reset helps
                  What is the problem?
                  I hope it is not water because it can go to 50meter under water
                  Last edited by OTTOOOME; 10-05-2009, 02:55 PM.

Comment

i had my problem with a long course, 160 km long... with shorter no problem, all working! waiting for new release of fw

Comment

Forerunner 310XT Dead

After two perfect months my 310 would not upload yesterday's run. Upgraded the firmware and all was well. Ran this morning, reset the run and turned the unit off. Went to charge and upload an hour later and the unit is dead. Won't respond to a hard reset so will send it in for repair/Replacement. Usual prompt and helpful support from Garmin that I've experienced over many years and many products. A great product, and I'll miss it. Reassured to see others have had the same issue.

Comment

Not again...

After about two months of normal use, my 2nd Forerunner 310XT died today. Went for a 12-miler, came back, uploaded the data to the computer, turned off the unit and plugged it in to recharge. Nothing at all. Twice in less than three months? C'mon Garmin!

Comment

I have not had a problem with mine turning off yet, but have had major problems with the Heart Rate sensor. More than half of my run will be fine and then all of the sudden I have not changed my speed at all my HR will spike. I called the company and went round and round with them for three weeks before they finally decided to replace the watch, said it was just my watch they hadn't heard of this problem from anyone else. I got a new one in the mail about a week ago, took it out yesterday on the bike and worked fine. Today I went out and just walked for 3.25 miles for a relaxing time and as I was coming in it showed my HR at 195, not even possible. This is my second watch and I am getting rather frustrated. Has anyone else had these kinds of problems. I had a 305 before this and it worked great.

Comment

Originally posted by HILLPRINTS View Post
                            I have not had a problem with mine turning off yet, but have had major problems with the Heart Rate sensor. More than half of my run will be fine and then all of the sudden I have not changed my speed at all my HR will spike. I called the company and went round and round with them for three weeks before they finally decided to replace the watch, said it was just my watch they hadn't heard of this problem from anyone else. I got a new one in the mail about a week ago, took it out yesterday on the bike and worked fine. Today I went out and just walked for 3.25 miles for a relaxing time and as I was coming in it showed my HR at 195, not even possible. This is my second watch and I am getting rather frustrated. Has anyone else had these kinds of problems. I had a 305 before this and it worked great.
                            This sounds like this common problem:

https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?t=1884

Comment

Me Too

Happened to me too - bought my 310XT at the Chicago store and it worked for about two weeks then nothing. Garmin replaced it.

Comment

Working...
                              X