310XT update- How?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 310XT update- How?

Can someone point me in the direction of any instructions or directions on how I upgrade to the new firmware. I have downloaded the web updater software but it won't find the device. Do I connect it to my computer with the USB cable or does it work through the ANT dongle?
    Thanks!

With the ANT stick plugged in and your 310xt turned on go here.
    Phil M.
    myConnect | StravaHeatmap | Instagram
    F201 F205 F305 FR50 310XT 920XT
    nüvi 67LMT

Comment

Thanks for prompt reply! I have visited the link and it tells me that the software has been sent to ANT agent but how is it transferred to the 310XT? It doesn't seem to have sent it automatically as the version no in About Forerunner is still 2.40

Comment

The 310XT does not use USB cable to communicate with your computer. That is only for charging purposes. You can plug it into your computer to charge or directly to the wall charging adapter. As long as the ANT stick is plugged in and running and the 310 is turned on or charging, it should communicate with the ANT agent.

Make sure you have the latest version of the Garmin ANT Agent.
        • Right click on the GAA icon in the system tray.
        • Select "About Garmin ANT agent"
        • Should say "version 2.2.7"
        • If not, right click on GAA icon in the system tray
        • Select "Software update settings"
        • Click "Check for updates now"
        Phil M.
        myConnect | StravaHeatmap | Instagram
        F201 F205 F305 FR50 310XT 920XT
        nüvi 67LMT

Comment

Thanks for clarifying the USB function. Despite having visited the link twice and clicked on update the 310xt is still running 2.4.
          The watch is switched on and the ANT stick is plugged in. I am also running latest version of ANT. I have succesfully transferred some files from the watch to Garmin Connect this morning so there is a connection. Is there a way of checking that the download was succesfully to ANT?

Comment

Are you running the latest Communicator? You can check that here.

Check your Device directory.

There should be an Updates.udr file and another file with an rgn extension.

If those are there, then the update was sent to the Ant Agent, but hasn't yet been sent to your 310.

April
            http://www.enduranceriderblog.com

Comment

When you refer to the communicator is that the same as the version of ANT?
              Please,please can someone give me a step by step guide on how to update the software. I have followed all instructions so far and have not succeeded.

Comment

The Communicator is the plug in that runs on the update page. It's what sends the data to the Ant Agent to load on the 310.

1. Check to be sure you are running the latest version of Communicator. link
                2. If you aren't running the latest version of Communicator, update it.
                3. Make sure you are running Ant Agent version 2.2.7. If not, update it. link
                4. Turn on your 310
                5. Start Ant Agent 2.2.7
                6. Plug USB Ant Stick in.
                7. Go to the Update page. link
                8. Choose your 310 from the given devices.
                9. Click Update Software
                10. The Ant Agent icon should begin to "flash" black and gray, indicating that it has something to send.
                11. 310 should begin receiving the update.

April
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for your help.
                  Everything is fine except that after the update has downloaded nothing happens with the ANT agent icon and nothing is transferred to the 310.
                  Any other ideas??

Comment

Is there an Updates.udr file and another file with an rgn extension?

April

Comment

Originally posted by NDURANCERIDER View Post

Is there an Updates.udr file and another file with an rgn extension?

April
                      I have looked in the device directory and cant find the files you mention. Would they be in a particular folder?

Comment

Originally posted by SKIINGTRUMPETER View Post
                        Thanks for your help.
                        Everything is fine except that after the update has downloaded nothing happens with the ANT agent icon and nothing is transferred to the 310.
                        Any other ideas??
                        i have the same issue here, followed all above steps but after update download no reaction from ANT..

Comment

Originally posted by SKIINGTRUMPETER View Post
                          I have looked in the device directory and cant find the files you mention. Would they be in a particular folder?
                          i also found nothing but tcx files in device id/history..

Maybe i should quit trying to update, web updater never recognized my FR 310 and now this.. Anyway, my 310xt has no serious bugs so far- other than updating dysfunction- plus the 2.60 update doesn't meet my expectations

Comment

If the Update files are not in the Device\DeviceID directory, they won't ever go to the 310.

So the next thing to figure out is why the files didn't get put into the directory.

Are you running virus scanning software or a firewall? Those might prevent the Upload page from putting the files in that directory.

April

Comment

Originally posted by NDURANCERIDER View Post
                              If the Update files are not in the Device\DeviceID directory, they won't ever go to the 310.

So the next thing to figure out is why the files didn't get put into the directory.

Are you running virus scanning software or a firewall? Those might prevent the Upload page from putting the files in that directory.

April
                              I am running irus scanning software but I have added the 3 Garmin sites suggested on the online instructions to my trusted sites list.

Comment

Working...
                              X