Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forerunner 110 Blank Screen (Dead)

Hello,

I had my 110 for over a month now. I've set-up and used Garmin Connect many time during that period. Today I finished a bike ride and tried to connect to my PC with the USB and the watch went blank (dead). It has been working with no problems for about a month. Please help.

Thanks

First connect the unit to the charging/data clip. Then press and hold the light key for about 6 seconds. If this does not revive your device you should contact Garmin Support.

Comment

Same Problem

I had the same problem with my forerrunner 110 at about the same time. I've had mine for six weeks now and after my run (13 miles) it went blank when I plugged it in to the computer today. This solution worked, and I still have all my data, but is this going to be a common problem for the 110's?

Comment

Same problem

I plugged in the device and held the light button for 7 seconds... still not working.

Comment

Originally posted by JKJDCJ View Post
          I plugged in the device and held the light button for 7 seconds... still not working.
          I had a similar problem after just two weeks with the watch (fr 110 went blank after connecting to pc) and very nearly sent the watch back, but then read elsewhere that to reset you press all 4 buttons at the same time. Even this didnt work initially, but after a few goes (cant remember the exact order of keys pressed, but holding all 4 pressed in) the watch came back on - and it didnt lose my data either.

Hasnt happened since.

Comment

Originally posted by BHOSTY View Post
            I had a similar problem after just two weeks with the watch (fr 110 went blank after connecting to pc) and very nearly sent the watch back, but then read elsewhere that to reset you press all 4 buttons at the same time. Even this didnt work initially, but after a few goes (cant remember the exact order of keys pressed, but holding all 4 pressed in) the watch came back on - and it didnt lose my data either.

Hasnt happened since.
            Update - I just connected my 110 to my computer and after showing 'saving activity' for a few seconds the screen went completely off and nothing would bring it back. Even my own previous suggestion of holding all 4 buttons down had no effect, until I managed to press all 4 at pretty much exactly the same time. The watch is back on and no history has been lost.

Comment

Just had the same problem, plugged the watch back in and then held the light button for 6 seconds as soon as i released the button the watch came back on. Definatley worth another try.........

Comment

Forerunner 110 unresponsive, blank screen

I plugged my less than two month old unit into my desktop computer, heard a beep and saw Garmin flash up on the face of the watch for a moment, before it went completely blank. No amount of holding the light button/lap button/both in conjunction would bring it back. Finally unplugged USB from back of computer and plugged it in through my keyboard instead. Now it's charging again, good as new.

Comment

Same Problem

I bought the 110 2 weeks ago. I used it 7 times. Today I wear it, noticed it was on in Power Save mode. Shutdown it. Pressed light for 3 second to turn it on...DEAD! Then I put the charging clip on and connect to my Laptop...DEAD. Then I try to connect it to another Laptop..still DEAD. Then I connect the clip to the Charger...still DEAD. Then I went to the Forum and read all this long lists of troubles...and I realized this is just another ***** ****.
                  Last edited by BBECKER39; 02-21-2012, 09:13 AM. Reason: Language

Comment

I saw you got rid of the comment MR: BBECKER39. Good that proves there is someone behind this. Do you also have a technical suggestion about how to my resuscitate the FR 110 ? Thanks in advance for your time

Comment

I only removed your inappropriate language.

The only suggestion I can make is to attach the watch to hold the power button for 7-10 seconds, and then attach the device to the power clip. Try this 2 or 3 times. If that does not recover the unit, you will need to contact Garmin Support.

Comment

Originally posted by LONARDDD View Post
                        I bought the 110 2 weeks ago. I used it 7 times. Today I wear it, noticed it was on in Power Save mode. Shutdown it. Pressed light for 3 second to turn it on...DEAD! Then I put the charging clip on and connect to my Laptop...DEAD. Then I try to connect it to another Laptop..still DEAD. Then I connect the clip to the Charger...still DEAD. Then I went to the Forum and read all this long lists of troubles...and I realized this is just another ***** ****.
                        Mine went dead today...Only had it for 7 weeks....No amount of button holding/pushing helps...still a black screen...Dont think its charging up either

Comment

110 blank Sreen

Had the same issue plugged 110 into my Mac and then heard a beep then the 110 went blank. Coulnt turn on or charge. Tried pushing one button then two buttons. The one that worked was all four at the same time and up she . No data lost (see how goes). Good luck to us all.........

Comment

I have had my Garmin FR110 since Xmas, but today while charging (it has been fine up until then) the watch went blank & I cannot upload to the pc.

I have tried holding all four buttons down at the same time, but nothing seems to bring it back to life.

Any ideas?

Comment

I am having similar issues with the FR 110....The battery charge in the upper lefthand corner shows 1/4 charge left in battery. When I hooked up the charger the screen went completely black. I tried pushing all four buttons until I finally got the screen to come back up.....no data lost.....but when I tried to charge again it shows battery charge full and shuts off again?? I am assuming that it shouldnt be charged unless the battery is completely drained?

Have charged several times in the past with no issues..........CB

Comment

Working...
                              X