Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated in the UK.
    I can't switch the watch off now

Comment

Got the Update 5.2. there is wrong calories count for indoor rowing. Waterrower and in the Old version I burnt for 30 minutes approx 380 calories. Now 100 calories less. This count in 5.2 is definetelly wrong. Please fix it.

Comment

Restoring default has fixed the reboot issue

Comment

Another buggy update for me... after the update my settings for bike activity were changed/lost, the control widgets were reset (payments were dropped off). I haven't gone back and fixed these settings yet to see if there are other issues...

Comment

Originally posted by andybrad View Post
            Restoring default has fixed the reboot issue
            Ahh, so I was not alone and quest to get back all settings (after reset to default) is ahead of me. Well, it is sort of expected normal, so no complains here.

Comment

I went for a 4.5 loop walk this morning with FW 5.2, GPS+Glonass and Smart recording (instead of 1sec) elevation difference between start and stop after 4.5km is only 4m !!! (whereas before it was -67m on 2.3 km distance. Looks promising. Perhaps not a fix but certainly better than before...
              I will run tonight the usual 2.3 km loop with the smart recording on and see if it is confirmed (on FW 5.0 and smart recording, my loop run always went downhill even though I was going back up to the start position!
              Fingers grossed...

Comment

same behavior with the FW5.2 than the FW5.0 on my side : more that 30 m drift down on my small runing loop... :-(

Comment

Something has definitely seemed to change with elevation in 5.20. My starting elevation is exactly the same as the corrected elevation in Garmin connect. So that initial calibration seems to work well now. (As long as you wait the 30 seconds before starting; and if you add an elevation field to your activity you will see it in action). What I noticed is that the elevation numbers are delayed so if you stop somewhere and look at elevation, it might change on you standing still. I'm thinking there is constant auto calibration going on or there is a GPS average/algorithm computation going on in the background. (But in any case it would be delayed on your graph). For those seeing elevation drifting, add an elevation field to your activity page and when you finish your activity see if that number adjust standing still before stopping the activity. I might recommend that Garmin give us the option to either use the barometric altimeter or GPS elevation. If we get Galileo support, it should make that elevation number even more accurate. As a final thought the way it is today is still a big improvement in elevation handling compared to previous software so kudos to Garmin for making improvements; at least from what I'm seeing on my device.
                  Last edited by kgarten; 07-12-2018, 08:20 AM. Reason: Give Kudos to Garmin

Comment

I usually starts activities from the same place. So, my watch is not callibrating (at least, I understand VA3 works like this, because it takes something previously stored).
                    So, what are my options to recalibrate it??
                    1) Factory reseting?
                    2) Starting an activity where I never started before??
                    Is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by TMK17 View Post
                      @acousticbiker

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2018/06/...omment-2910702

According to this it does.
                      Thanks, I hadn’t seen that - wow, what a pleasant surprise! Looking forward to seeing that update

Comment

Originally posted by Hervandil View Post
                        I usually starts activities from the same place. So, my watch is not callibrating (at least, I understand VA3 works like this, because it takes something previously stored).
                        So, what are my options to recalibrate it??
                        1) Factory reseting?
                        2) Starting an activity where I never started before??
                        Is that correct?
                        Maybe Garmin can chime in on this one but it doesn't make sense to mark a location with elevation information until a complete fix is acquired. If you start your activity without waiting the whole 30 seconds, does it permanently mark bad elevation info from that spot? I would say to start your activity from your usual spot and see if the elevation adjust after the 30 seconds. Add the elevation field to your activity.

Comment

this is a joke - in asia we are still on 3.6!

Comment

well, i'm in asia and i'm on 5.2.
                            here's my box.

Attached Files
                            Last edited by Everdying; 07-12-2018, 09:43 PM.

Comment

here's another thing about 5.2 i noticed: under heart rate settings there is a new option for "abnormal heart rate alert" -> 2nd setting directly below turning wirst hr on and off... i guess you can set a benchmark for an alarm...

Comment

Not a single floor counted since the update. 9 months of having this watch, shell out a small fortune for it and still reporting issues and bugs galore - very poor!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X