No announcement yet.

Feature request to quick unlock the Watch

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature request to quick unlock the Watch

I use the Autolock mode form the Watch to lock the Touchscreen.

My Idea is, for a quick unlock i would like to use a double or triple tap on the Touchscreen
    Last edited by Lanxumo; 04-13-2018, 04:09 AM.

But one of the things that (automatic or otherwise) locking of the touchscreen is to prevent inadvertent multiple consecutive touches from registering as a control signal from the user. Whatever mechanism the quick unlock uses, it cannot involve the touchscreen.

Comment

Originally posted by Lanxumo View Post
      I use the Autolock mode form the Watch to lock the Touchscreen.

My Idea is, for a quick unlock i would like to use a double or triple tap on the Touchscreen
      I agree that we shouldnt use touchscreen input for unlocking the device.

I suggest the option of double or triple tapping the HW button to initiate an unlock. Long pressing seems a bit too long for comfort.

Comment

double tapping the button would be good.
        what i also would still like to see is an option for timeout duration before it gets auto locked... just like on phones.
        so a stepped option from 10secs to say 2mins before it auto locks.

Comment

Originally posted by Everdying View Post
          double tapping the button would be good.
          what i also would still like to see is an option for timeout duration before it gets auto locked... just like on phones.
          so a stepped option from 10secs to say 2mins before it auto locks.
          Totally agree with this...a simple stepped timeout should be easily doable. currently it locks like within 5 seconds while the watch looks for a foot pod or chest rate sensor for instance which is really annoying. A double tap on the hardware button would also be good for quick unlock.

Wonder if Garmin monitors these forums at all to take notice of the idea though.
          Vivoactive 3 - current, VAHR - prior

Comment

I mainly use the lock feature to lock the touch display to avoid it going crazy when I run in the rain.
            To me it would be useful that the option only locked the touch screen and a simple short click on the physical button should cancel the lock or even work as it wasn't locked.

Comment

It's quite funny how the watch sometimes goes nuts in the shower. That's how I discover new features...

Comment

Working...
              X