Screen Protectors for the VivoActive 3

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen Protectors for the VivoActive 3

Two questions...

Does the VivoActive 3 need a screen protector?
    And if so, what's a comparable size? Not seeing any listed for the VA3 but is any of the other Garmin watches the same size?

the bezel sticks up above the screen a good millimeter unlike the VA and VA-HR. that said, if you do want a screen protector I'd advised a glass one personally, but I havent seen any yet available.

Comment

I would recommend getting one. I have one on my FR235 and it's saved my watch face times. Amazon has several to choose from. Odd thing is none are available for shipping until mid October.

Comment

I ordered a set from Amazon yesterday (had screen protector on my 230 and loved it) - I'll post up here once they arrive next week with my thoughts. Just search Amazon for Vivoactive 3 screen protectors and you'll see tons of options.

Comment

Through 4 Forerunners and a non-sapphire Fenix 3 I've never scratched the face of a Garmin watch and with the VA3 having Gorilla glass I'm not worried about it either. However I might decide to put a protector on it if it reduces the smudges due to being touchscreen so I'll look forward to how it works for you.

Comment

Corning's Gorilla glass is scratch resistant and not scratch proof. My cell has Gorilla glass and has been dropped from 25 feet plus several times (I work in a tower truck) without cracking, but I have several scratches on it. If you think you may be in a situation where you may scratch your watch face, I suggest getting a protective cover. A tempered glass cover is easily replaced, where a scratched watch face is permanent.

Comment

I ordered a few tempered glass ones made for Fenix 5 (as the screen size is the same) from Aliexpress. Hopefully they'll work out.

Comment

Originally posted by TMK17 View Post
                Corning's Gorilla glass is scratch resistant and not scratch proof. My cell has Gorilla glass and has been dropped from 25 feet plus several times (I work in a tower truck) without cracking, but I have several scratches on it. If you think you may be in a situation where you may scratch your watch face, I suggest getting a protective cover. A tempered glass cover is easily replaced, where a scratched watch face is permanent.
                Interestingly enough, GG3 was the hardest variant of Gorilla glass and was the most scratch resistant. GG4 was a softer material to be more shatter resistant and GG5 is even more so. As a result, the GG5 on my Note 8 was already scratched a single day after getting it (the backing)

Comment

I used a RinoGear protector (off Amazon) for my Vivosmart HR+ and really liked it. Ordered on up for my VA3 but have not received yet. It is also available on Amazon.

Comment

Fenix 5 screen protectors are too big.

Comment

I use an Armor Suit Military Shield skin protector on a 735xt. Protects against scratches, easy installation, but won't do much for drops.

Comment

there are now a bunch of tempered glass protectors available, at least on eBay

Comment

Working...
                        X