No announcement yet.

Is Garmin Fit gone???

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Garmin Fit gone???

I recently uninstalled Garmin Fit from my Android phone because I was having trouble with it. Now I can't find it in the Google Play store, nor is it listed as a Garmin App. I used it several times a week, because I could upload activities to Garmin Connect.

Is it gone? Did something replace it? I can't find any current info on it anywhere!

Yes. It's gone. The FIT app hadn't been updated for years and was finally dropped a couple of months ago. However, if you previously purchased it, you can still get to it by going to "My Apps" in the Play store. You may have to click "More" a few times before it appears.

I have the Fit app but don't use it because it doesn't work with my ANT+ HRM. Instead, thanks to a recommendation from a different thread here, I've switched to the free Wahoo Fitness app which does connect to my HRM, uses GPS, and also sends activity info to Connect.
    Last edited by pshare; 07-29-2015, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Thanks!

I looked in the My Apps before, but somehow I missed it (there's a hundred or so). So I looked again, and it was there. So now I have it back.

Thanks for the quick response. When I get a chance, I'll give the Wahoo app a try.

Comment

As Garmin Fenix 3 is said to produce bad GPS tracks, Garmin Fit is doing the same for me. So using Endomondo for running and cycling tracking and syncing to GConnect...
        Last edited by sis651; 08-19-2015, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pshare View Post
          Yes. It's gone. The FIT app hadn't been updated for years and was finally dropped a couple of months ago. However, if you previously purchased it, you can still get to it by going to "My Apps" in the Play store. You may have to click "More" a few times before it appears.

I have the Fit app but don't use it because it doesn't work with my ANT+ HRM. Instead, thanks to a recommendation from a different thread here, I've switched to the free Wahoo Fitness app which does connect to my HRM, uses GPS, and also sends activity info to Connect.
          I've switched to Wahoo Fitness app too. It works quite well. To be honest, I prefer Wahoo Fitness app over FIT app.

Comment

My only complaint with the Wahoo fitness app is that it doesn't auto-pause and auto-resume like a Garmin watch can. Otherwise, it's really excellent. I use it pretty much every day.

Comment

there will be new fit app

I cannot find it, either. It is believed that there will be some new fit apps.

Comment

venus666,

Where did you hear that? The Fit app has been retired for quite a while now and hadn't been updated for years before that.

Comment

same situation here i had not known that it had been discontinued.
                  www.confused.com

Comment

Actually, from a marketing perspective, I always thought it was odd that they made it available at all. Why would you offer a stand alone smartphone app when your business is to sell stand alone GPS devices and a software ecosystem to support them? I think that they asked themselves the same question and, not surprisingly, stopped devoting effort to a dead end that didn't drive customers.

Comment

Gamin

I can't find Garmin Fit either, I dont know why the app has been removed from Store, any suggestion here?

Comment

Originally posted by mariamintonwa View Post
                        I can't find Garmin Fit either, I dont know why the app has been removed from Store, any suggestion here?
                        Garmin hasn't updated it in years, and I think they finally just pulled it from the store. Have you looked at other apps like "MapMyRun"?
                        My Connect IQ Apps in the Store
                        Facebook - Instagram -
                        Twitter

Comment

Garmin stopped supporting it about 4 years ago and removed it from the Play store last year.
                          The only way to get it is if you bought it before they delisted it.

I bought it about 3 months before it was removed. It didn't do what I wanted so I removed it from my android phone but I can reinstall it if I change my mind.

If you're looking for an app that integrates with Connect take a look at Wahoo fitness. It will send data to Connect and other fitness websites. It supports GPS and ANT+ sensors (assuming your phone does) and it's free.

Comment

Garmin fitness app

Originally posted by brianj25us View Post
                            Actually, from a marketing perspective, I always thought it was odd that they made it available at all. Why would you offer a stand alone smartphone app when your business is to sell stand alone GPS devices and a software ecosystem to support them? I think that they asked themselves the same question and, not surprisingly, stopped devoting effort to a dead end that didn't drive customers.
                            If garmin doesnt make a phone app they are going to eventually fall behind. Phones are good for treadmills. Watches are good for the trails period

Comment

Originally posted by MORESCO2 View Post
                              If garmin doesnt make a phone app they are going to eventually fall behind. Phones are good for treadmills. Watches are good for the trails period
                              Why do you think that is the case? There are scores of phone apps out there already. Stick with what works for you and avoid denigrating something you clearly know little about.

Comment

Working...
                              X