Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forerunner 220. Eight months of activities are gone. Any way to recover them?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forerunner 220. Eight months of activities are gone. Any way to recover them?

Hi guys and girls.

I'm using a Forerunner 220. Until February this year my activities were transferred automatically to Garmin connect when I connected the watch to the PC using USB. Then it didn't transfer automatically anymore and I did have to do it by importing data. Since February I've been training using my Forerunner four times/week but without transferring activities to the PC. I know this is stupid, but that's the case.

Now I'm using a new PC. I've installed the Garmin Express. The same on my new PC, the activities were not transferred automatically. I called the Garmin support today. They didn't find a solution to the problem. Finally I had to import activities. Strangely there was only 1 activity to import, the one I did this morning. The support guy had no explaination.

When looking in explorer in the activities folder there is just 1 activity. It seems all my other activities since February are missing. I havn't done any reset. Settings, records etc are still there.
    I really would like to recover my activities.

I've downloaded Recuva. It recovered nothing from the activities folder. It only recovered a TXT file from Eventlogs, 7 _PO.BIN files from Remotesw and 7 _RRUNNIN.FIT from E:\?\.

I also downloaded Asoftech Data Recovery. It didn't find any FIT files, just some txt and xml files.

Now I'm out of ideas on how to try to recover missing activities.

I'm hoping some of you can help me out. Thanks.

I doubt I'm the first one who had this problem. Nobody who cares to to share his knowledge?

Comment

Working...
    X