No announcement yet.

Incorrect time logged for activities, but watch displays correct time

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect time logged for activities, but watch displays correct time

I purchased a vivomove HR a few weeks ago and so far love it. It was working fine up until I got a new phone. When trying to repair it together I had to reset my watch completely to get it to pair and since then the time shown for certain activities in the connect app are completely inaccurate. For example, it shows that many of my steps continue until 4 am or so, and that I’m sleeping - and not walking - until around 2pm. As best I can tell, the time is off by around six hours. However, my watch itself shows the correct time so I’m not sure how to fix this.

Is it around 6 hours or exactly 6 hours?

If it is the latter, you are probably missing a time zone setting somewhere. For example, your watch could be showing the correct time while having the wrong time zone configured. When the data are imported into Garmin Connect, Garmin Connect will show the time converted to your local time zone, and then the time will not match up.

Comment

I’m not sure — the only things displaying wrong are the steps and sleep time. When I log an activity it shows the correct time in the connect app, which is really confusing to me why that shows correctly but everything else does not. The day resets partway through my actual day as well for things like hitting step goals.

As far as I can tell, there’s no way to set the time zone on the watch itself, only in the app.

Comment

Ok. Then I have no suggestions.

Comment

Working...
        X