No announcement yet.

Equipment tracker

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:-(

the feature has disappeared from the "Coming soon" section but is not included yet in the latest release of GC... very disappointing

Comment

Anyone...

... out there in GarminLand listenting. Has anyone gotten any news even speculating if/when this feature may be available? I've given Garmin the benefit of the doubt and assumed someone is listening to the masses who pay hundreds of dollars for their devices yet...no response to a simple request? WTF?
      Last edited by tate_fischer; 12-19-2011, 11:55 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Bump. Any news on this?

Many thanks

Comment

+1 I'm also desperately waiting for equipment tracking...

Comment

Equipment logging

I have just seen this on SlowTwitch so thanks for the tip Masterslacker.
            http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Sl...tips_P3755215/
            I have so far logged three items items in Garmin Connect. I see no reason to transfer them to my device and have just left them being logged in Connect. It's not perfect but it works for basic recording of equipment and if in the future I want better analysis and equipment logging I can use another program.

Comment

+1 Yep, still waiting for this one.

A simple way they could implement this would be to allow us to create our own custom Activity Types. So then, I could create a Type called "Running - Shoe #1" and "Running - Shoe #2". Then when I upload a run, I would assign the activity based on which shoe I was wearing. Pretty simple. Then I could run Reports based on that Activity Type to get the total miles in that shoe, or better yet I could create Goals based on that Activity Type and it would alert me when I hit that goal.

The downside would be that this would only allow one type of gear per activity, but it would be a good first step and should be pretty simple to implement.
              Last edited by SACTOMAPBOY; 10-25-2012, 02:27 PM. Reason: Added implementation idea.

Comment

Originally posted by C.REITER View Post
                +1 I'm also desperately waiting for equipment tracking...
                +1 !!!

Comment

+1
                  would be great to get that soon

Comment

+1 please

Comment

The first post is from 2009. Looks like it might be time to get on this one with over 100,000 posts. Maybe Garmin would be able to provide an update and offer some hope as to when this would be available?

Comment

In the recent stockholders call Garmin stated that it would be investing in the social features of connect. I don't think "garmin" is listening.

Comment

Mark me down as another who wants equipment/gear tracking.

Comment

Unreal...still no way to easily track shoe mileage and/or chain mileage.

Comment

It's great to get new features like Heatmaps and Openstreetview maps, but how about some features that people actually want like equipment tracking, bulk activity downloads and and open api?

Dec
                              --
                              Fenix 3HR, FR620, Edge 810, Vivofit, Varia Radar

Comment

Total Miles Logged by Connect Users
                                Since the first request for equipment tracking.
                                65,425,540 lbs. of candy burned
                                Last edited by SMITTIE321; 03-08-2013, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X