No announcement yet.

Running machine

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running machine

hi there I have a forerunner 235, when I run on the running machine, my watch is quicker than the machine What do I believe my watch?? Or machine?

Neither. Both can give approximate values, although premium treadmill machines are usually quite accurate.
    Current: nuvi 255, eTrex 30, Forerunner 310XT, Forerunner 735XT, HRM-Tri, HRM-Swim, SDM4, Virb Elite, tempe
    Retired: eTrex Legend, Swim

Comment

I would expect both to be reasonably accurate, so long as your stride length is constant and the watch is calibrated. If there is disagreement, I would tend to favour the treadmill's value. I don't have an FR235, but my VA3 expects to have its internal distance calculation calibrated to match the treadmill.

Comment

Neither are "real" distance values so as long as they are repeatable it doesn't really matter

Comment

It does matter when you mix indoor and outdoor training, and when you try to aim precisely at a specific pace.

And in theory treadmill pace and distance is quite real, as it is the runner's pace relative to treadmill surface - just like for outdoor running. A well designed and constructed treadmill could give results identical (almost) to outdoor runs.
          Current: nuvi 255, eTrex 30, Forerunner 310XT, Forerunner 735XT, HRM-Tri, HRM-Swim, SDM4, Virb Elite, tempe
          Retired: eTrex Legend, Swim

Comment

Working...
          X