Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Jed,

It can be done but can you plot you entire ride route and then provide a link to it? I can then export the .gpx file and overlay it with .fit file.

cheers
    Mike
    All file repairs are done using the Fit File Repair Tool.

I am not a Garmin employee and I am not affiliated with them in any manner - other than I own three of their products.
    For all intents and purposes this is a peer-to-peer forum and any assistance provided is voluntary and on an 'as time allows' basis.
    Garmin Support from Garmin employees can be found here. Suggestions to Garmin or rants can be made here.

Comment

• Hi Mike

Thanks, will do, I have tried to do this but no luck. Hopefully you have more luck than me!!

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/26443469

Comment

• hi Jedley,

Give this file a try.

cheers
        Mike

I am not a Garmin employee and I am not affiliated with them in any manner - other than I own three of their products.
        For all intents and purposes this is a peer-to-peer forum and any assistance provided is voluntary and on an 'as time allows' basis.
        Garmin Support from Garmin employees can be found here. Suggestions to Garmin or rants can be made here.

Comment

• Thanks Mike, genius! Worked perfectly. How did you fix it?

Comment

• hi Jed,

Using the Fix File Repair Tool which is available from here.

Fantastic program and very very capable of a wide range of repairs.

cheers
            Mike

Comment

• Hi Mike,

Hope you can help since http://garmin.kiesewetter.nl/ doesn't work anymore, my Edge 820 frozed during a ride and although Garmin Connect can see the entire ride, Strava can only see part of the ride with the same file, so I think the file is corrupted, thanks for your help.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Hi Mike,

My garmin turned off mid-ride (edge 810, think it might need to go in the bin.doesnt like me following a course), if this ride could be saved that would be fab,

thanks
                Attached Files

Comment

• hi Sheppus,

Give this file a try.

cheers
                  Mike

Comment

• hi Caroline680,

Give this file a try.

cheers
                    Mike

Comment

• Hi there,

i did a race today and afterwards i tried to upload my workout from my garmin edge 500 and something went wrong... when i plugged into my computer it just kept saying "working"... eventually i unplugged it and tried again. it then recognized it but the file was no longer visible under activities.... i used
                      active@undelete and found it in activities but it's status was set to deleted. I was able to recover it with this tool but when i try to upload it to TP it says "cannot parse"... i tried to upload it to your website but that didn't seem to work.

i was wondering if you mind having a look?

thanks!
                      Attached Files

Comment

• hi burgeand,

Your recovered data is highly corrupt and there is nothing that can be done with it.

cheers
                        Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by kiwimtnbkr View Post
                          hi Sheppus,

Give this file a try.

cheers
                          Mike
                          Hi Mike,

Unfortunately that didn't work, Strava still only shows part of the ride. I just double checked Garmin Connect and noticed that although the summary shows the total distance and time correctly, the map, and all other data are missing as well, so I am guessing maybe it didn't record anything after all when it frozed...

Comment

• Hello,

I did a bike ride today, but I cannot upload the fit file to Garmin Connect. The file is corrupt. Can someone help me?

Thank you very much
                            Attached Files

Comment

• hi edwinpauli,

Give this file a try.

cheers
                              Mike

Comment

• Thank you kiwimtnbkr!

Comment

Working...
                                X