This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Mike, you're a superstar.

Comment

• Would someone please see if they are able to fix the end of this run when, in a matter of seconds, I jump two blocks off course through several buildings?

Thanks!
      Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!

Comment

• hi WizardlyHat,

Give this file a try.

cheers
        Mike
        All file repairs are done using the Fit File Repair Tool.

I am not a Garmin employee and I am not affiliated with them in any manner - other than I own three of their products.
        For all intents and purposes this is a peer-to-peer forum and any assistance provided is voluntary and on an 'as time allows' basis.
        Garmin Support from Garmin employees can be found here. Suggestions to Garmin or rants can be made here.

Comment

• Much better! Thanks Mike!

Comment

• Hi team,

Anyone able to help with repair of this file?

It was from a long, epic day of MTB and I'd hate to lose the data.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
            Mike
            Attached Files

Comment

• hi Mike,

Give this file a try.

cheers
              Mike

I am not a Garmin employee and I am not affiliated with them in any manner - other than I own three of their products.
              For all intents and purposes this is a peer-to-peer forum and any assistance provided is voluntary and on an 'as time allows' basis.
              Garmin Support from Garmin employees can be found here. Suggestions to Garmin or rants can be made here.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiwimtnbkr View Post
                hi Mike,

Give this file a try.

cheers
                Mike
                Thanks Mike, got my data into Garmin and Stava.

Didn't want to miss the data for a one day MTB run on The Old Ghost Road.

Comment

• I am trying to use the USB export feature from a Stages Indoor spin bike at the gym - it outputs CSV and .FIT with power, speed, cadence, my linked HR Strap... so pretty nice option for logging the workouts! HOWEVER... Garmin won't accept the file (errors), and Strava shows workout at 1989! If i use FitFileTools to adjust date, fix corrupt time, etc.... its messes up file and makes the activity just a few minutes!

Any advice on how to get it into Garmin? Or way to edit it easier? I would love to use the feature for capturing the good data.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• hi NickMN,

What was the actual date and time of your activity?

cheers
                    Mike

Comment

• 11/29/2018 at roughly 7:52pm CST

Comment

• hi NickMN,

Give this file a try.

cheers
                        Mike

Comment

• THANKS!

However now the question is - going forward, is there a easier work around or an online tool that would work?

Comment

• really not sure - all the file repairs I do are done with the Fit File Repair Tool.

Comment

• All-

Thanks to all the good samaritans here!

Wondered if anyone has seen this before: I'm a Forerunner 35 user, and I've got a FIT file that uploads just fine, but seems to contain no GPS info — no map, no elevation data, etc. This happens occasionally to me on run-of-the-mill runs in locations where I normally have no trouble recording GPS. Distance, calories, splits, etc. are all there; it's just the location data that came up missing.

Anyone have a sense of whether this file could be "repaired" with GPS data, or is it unsalvageable? Many thanks.

3215123374.fit

-br

Comment

• There isn't any position information in the file so no map available. Recommend you log a ticket with Garmin to sort out the issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X