X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to repair a .fit file?

Hi,

I would like to load this file into any software, but all of them tell me that it cannot be imported.
    For some reason the file is not working (the watch ran out of battery while it was tracking the hike), but I would really like to have it.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Try the attached file.
    - Alan

Comment

Thanks a lot!
      It worked now!

What was the problem and how you could fix it? Maybe Garmin should consider to release a tool for doing that...

Comment

I used http://www.fitfilerepairtool.info/ to fix it. There was a data corruption somewhere in the file.
        - Alan

Comment

PLEASE help me

Alan, seems you are expert in repairing a bad fit file
          I have my bad fit file posted in another thread but no reply for the moment ...
          I tried to repair with the tool but it did not do nothing, I am hoping that you can do something.
          Thanks in advance
          20120815-060030-1-1018-ANTFS-4-0.FIT

Comment

Originally posted by ICHIRO68 View Post
            Alan, seems you are expert in repairing a bad fit file
            I have my bad fit file posted in another thread but no reply for the moment ...
            I tried to repair with the tool but it did not do nothing, I am hoping that you can do something.
            Thanks in advance
            [ATTACH]9069[/ATTACH]
            Well the file has no track data in it. It shows that there in 256kb in the file but The Fit File Repair Tool comes up with no track data.
            Sorry.
            Don Huston
            San Diego, CA.
            United States

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by DATEZZ View Post
              Well the file has no track data in it. It shows that there in 256kb in the file but The Fit File Repair Tool comes up with no track data.
              Sorry.
              Thanks DATEZZ for your time anyway.

Comment

Hi Datezz,

Could you give me a hand to recover this file?

Thank you so much!
                Attached Files

Comment

FIT Recovery

Same here. Wondering of you could possible take a look at recovering this file for me

Appreciate your help.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by COREYWHITE68 View Post
                    Same here. Wondering of you could possible take a look at recovering this file for me

Appreciate your help.
                    Here Ya Go. I used the Fit File Repair Tool on your file. The software also recalculated the distance of your ride using the gps data. The mileage went up 3+ miles. You might want to calibrate your wheel circumference and check the setting in your 500.

If you think your settings are correct I can have the software put the mileage back to the original number, just let me know.
                    Don Huston
                    San Diego, CA.
                    United States

Comment

Don: Thanks so much. I've played around with the wheel size and just need to do a roll out to get it really dialed in

Corey...

Comment

Hi,

I have a Garmin Edge 500 device for some years and I am very satisfied with it. Unfortunately I cannot upload the .FIT file from my last workout, it seems corrupted, this never happened before.

I would really like to have the content of this file. At http://garmin.kiesewetter.nl/ I tried to export to .CSV file and import it again to .FIT, it did not work.

Is there a way to repair this file https://dl.dropbox.com/u/21540680/20...7-07-01-03.fit ?

Thanks in advance,

Hugo

Comment

Originally posted by HUGOCAYE View Post
                          Hi,

I have a Garmin Edge 500 device for some years and I am very satisfied with it. Unfortunately I cannot upload the .FIT file from my last workout, it seems corrupted, this never happened before.

I would really like to have the content of this file. At http://garmin.kiesewetter.nl/ I tried to export to .CSV file and import it again to .FIT, it did not work.

Is there a way to repair this file https://dl.dropbox.com/u/21540680/20...7-07-01-03.fit ?

Thanks in advance,

Hugo

Hello Hugo,

Well, you have the dubious distinction of recording the most corrupt fit file ever....

It locked up the Fit File Repair Tool and required that Mathias (the developer) write a new program just for you. That guy is a genius.

Anyway your file had 38 trackpoints and 38 errors. The dates go from 2009 to 2015. The heart rates go from 14 to 245. Distance between trackpoints goes over 3 million meters. Ugh.

You can open this tcx file with Word Pad and look at some of the data.

If it was my 500 I would clear all data and reload the software.
                          Don Huston
                          San Diego, CA.
                          United States

Comment

Please have a look ?

This file hangs my Firstbeat software. Please can you have a look at repairing this ?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by HTREDOUX View Post
                              This file hangs my Firstbeat software. Please can you have a look at repairing this ?
                              Here Ya Go.
                              It looks like you almost ran out of trackpoints. At 1 sec recording you only get about 4hrs35min.
                              Don Huston
                              San Diego, CA.
                              United States

Comment

Working...
                              X