Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No signal. Trying to connect (Live Track)

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I managed to load the .8 version using App mirror but before I got a chance to check if it would work Garmin installed a newer version.

Is there a way of stopping it do8ng this?

I am running A Samsung S8 and have aFenix 3

Comment

Disable automatic updates in Google Play

Comment

Originally posted by JimStewart001 View Post
        Disable automatic updates in Google Play
        Thanks. Just figured out how to do it....fingers crossed!

Comment

I just did a chat session with Garmin Support individual named Jay. I gave him the URL for this and a number of other threads screaming about this issue and that it has been going on for over 6 months. He said there is a ticket in with the engineering team. Here is his exact words "I found a ticket for this issue with our engineers. Looks like they are expecting a fix to be released in early to mid February, barring any setbacks. " Let's see what we get.

I like my Garmin products and have been a Garmin proponent for a long time, Like many of you, I have an engineering background and go out of my way to seek out solutions (that's why we are on these forums). I hope they get this absurdity nailed soon, as they are damaging their user base, loyalty, and future sales with this kind of absurdity.

Comment

Is this problem only affecting Android phone users? Not that I'm considering switching phone OS.. just curious.

Comment

Also problem with Apple iOS, like hier!

@mtsarpilot: I like Garmin too, but sometimes it takes too long time, Garmin often leaves us in the dark. It is often very tedious with Garmin! Garmin tools are really great, but the support is often awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Wuffi2015 View Post
                Also problem with Apple iOS, like hier!

@mtsarpilot: I like Garmin too, but sometimes it takes too long time, Garmin often leaves us in the dark. It is often very tedious with Garmin! Garmin tools are really great, but the support is often awful.
                I agree completely.

Comment

same problem...garmin 820 and huawei p smart ...

Comment

have the same problem ....Garmin Fenix 3 and Huawei P7. Installed the GCM-App on a second android Phone (ZTE Blade S6), there is still the same problem. Installed the GCM-App on an Apple iphone 6 from my wife. There is LT working fine....
                    Installed an older version of GCM 4.12.3 from apkmirror.com on my Huawei P7 smartphone.....than it is working fine. Will stay on this old version until Garmin fixed the problem.

Comment

Same problem with iPhone 8, ios 12.1.4 with a fenix 5x plus. Livetrack failed. Always fail.

Comment

For Android it works now, bug fixed by version 4.15! For iOS I have no idea , maybe the update comes later?

https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into...46#post1453146

Comment

With the last update, my watch write “livetrack succeed” but no email sent....

Comment

I have an Iphone 7 and Garmin Connect app. Livetrack work fine until week ago it just stopped. Can't get it to work

Comment

Yesterday everything worked fine, I use Android 8! I was 2½ hrs. on trip, 43 km!

Comment

Working...
                              X