Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connect mobile adding weight every day

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has been happening to me and is driving me nuts! I am not connected to any 3rd party apps and every time I try to change it in garmin connect or mobile it reverts back to incorrect weight. Any solutions?

Comment

Suspect it is related to this mess
      https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into...-connect/page7

Comment

Could well be related previously this was caused by the my fitness pal link and when I removed that it went away

It seems to have started up again a couple of weeks ago

Comment

Originally posted by DB00 View Post
          Thanks for the info. I thought I was alone with this.
          Active Devices: Fenix 5X · Speed & Cadence · Index Scale · Garmin HRM Swim
          In retirement: Swim · Vivofit · Edge 25 · Fenix 3 HR

Comment

It's not just you. It's happening to me too. I actually know what's going wrong, but of course, I can't fix it myself. The problem is the weight in your user profile is not being updated by the new weight. And then at some point when it syncs with the server again, the new weight is being overwritten by the weight in your user profile. For example, let's say the weight in my user profile is 115. Then I weigh with my Garmin Connect scale and I weigh 117. Or I manually enter 117 into the Garmin Connect mobile app. It doesn't matter. For a few moments, the new weight will "hold" in Garmin Connect and you will the new weight in the Garmin Connect mobile app when you check it. But at some point, it will sync with the server and instead of the new weight overwriting the old weight in your user profile, the reverse will happen and the old weight in your user profile will overwrite the new weight. It's really freaking annoying and there's nothing I can do to fix it.

Comment

I have this issue too. It adds the same weight to Connect everyday even if I don't enter anything. So I don't know which days I actually weighed myself and which days were "automatically" entered.

Comment

I started having issues sometime in mid January this year. Weight is added every day repeating the last entry I made. I have no connections to other apps or index scale, that could cause problems, just my Fenix 5 watch. No way of knowing if I actually weighed myself or not...

After some emailing with support they told me that this is a "design choice" and not a bug/issue. My only remaining question is if it was an intentional or unintentional design choice...

Comment

Working...
                X