Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too, continually the Bluetooth disconnected it s very angry,

Comment

Originally posted by Alergikal View Post
      Looking at other posts, there are obviously several issues with the most recent app update of Garmin Connect. I haven't seen Garmin acknowledge this, and support aren't replying to my contact (apart from the automated response acknowledging receipt).

Can someone from Garmin give an update on the issue with the app- you only have to look through the most recent Play Store reviews to see that something has gone wrong.

I use Garmin Connect on a OnePlus3T on Oreo with my first gen Vivoactive.

Since the recent update of Garmin Connect android app, I have experienced a number of issues:

- my phone's battery drains much more quickly than before. Indicators that point to the Garmin Connect app and watch include high battery usage for Garmin Connect and for Bluetooth (where the watch is the only BT device connected). Overnight I can see my battery drop by 40-50% with no activity and these items highest on the list of battery usage stats. This has only been happening since the app update.

- my watch battery (first gen Vivoactive) drains really quickly. I could get up to two weeks without a recharge. With no change in activity I got under a week, if that. Again this has only happened since the app update.

- activities recorded on the Vivoactive no longer sync to garmin through the app. Steps are syncing. Again only happening since the app update

Here's an interesting thing I noticed. If I look at the app, my steps are syncing in real time - I can see them going up on the watch and the app, which is new to me. I appreciate that you may be doing some best guesses on the app and then syncing the watch to confirm step counts, but does this suggest a much more chatty connection between watch and app (and subsequent battery drain).

Either way, we need Garmin to fix this update.
      I'd just like to add a +1 to this.

Since updating to Oreo on my U11, I have noticed my phone does not go into deep sleep when left alone. I have not been able to track the software as the culprit as nothing out of the ordinary is reported in my battery stats.

However, if I keep BT off on my watch so it is not actively connected to my phone, my phone battery doesn't drain and my watch battery doesn't drain. Within a few hours of turning the watch back on, my phone stays awake and battery drain on both devices starts.

I can't be certain but I believe this all started when Garmin updated the notification method used in the Connect app.

Garmin is typically very responsive to these types of issues and if you look at the Play Store listing for their app you can see a lot of unhappy folks. It would be helpful if someone could chime in here from Garmin. I'm going to forward this thread to support to see if we can get their attention.

Comment

Are people from Garmin reading this at all? The problem isn't solved and it's really annoying! My Fenix 3 hr lasted 2 weeks on the previous version but since the .2 update it lasts for just one week.

Also I have to disable / enable Bluetooth manually every time before syncing my watch with the app or it won't sync at all. I used to love my Garmin but now it annoys the heck out of me. Sending updates through the app won't work either, this only works through USB on my PC now.

FIX THIS NOW.

Comment

Connect 4.3 update yesterday didn't solve the problem with sync and battery alas. Neither did reinstalling the app and fenix3hr.

Turning off Bluetooth on the Fenix3hr restores normal battery behavior. Did the sync procedure change since 4.1 that cause these issues?

Comment

Stephan,

This is a user-to-user forum so:
            No, don't expect Garmin to read this at all.

You need to contact support if you want their attention.

https://support.garmin.com/en-CA/

Comment

Also still experiencing this issue. Battery drain. Sync stops working, but still counts steps. Version 4.3 of app. Vivoactive 4.4.

Comment

The newest garmin connect app was causing too many problems for me. I reinstalled a previous version (4.1.7) and everything is working perfectly as it had before.

Hopefully I can update when these issues are fixed.

Comment

I was having problems with activities not syncing with garmin connect 4.3. I noticed a cryptic message when I opened the app - when I clicked on the message, it turns our that the new garmin connect app needs you to consent to your data being uploaded to Garmin (I had done this before, but the new app seems to need this permission again). Try this:

1. Click on the menu icon
                  2. Scroll down to the bottom and click "Settings"
                  3. Click "Profile & Privacy"
                  4. Click "Data"
                  5. Click "Data Upload".

On the Data Upload, you might see a green button that says "Consent to Upload". Once I clicked that, all my activities started syncing again.

I hope this works for you!

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyleitrim View Post
                    I was having problems with activities not syncing with garmin connect 4.3. I noticed a cryptic message when I opened the app - when I clicked on the message, it turns our that the new garmin connect app needs you to consent to your data being uploaded to Garmin (I had done this before, but the new app seems to need this permission again). Try this:

1. Click on the menu icon
                    2. Scroll down to the bottom and click "Settings"
                    3. Click "Profile & Privacy"
                    4. Click "Data"
                    5. Click "Data Upload".

On the Data Upload, you might see a green button that says "Consent to Upload". Once I clicked that, all my activities started syncing again.

I hope this works for you!
                    Let us know if this solves your problem long term. I'm hesitant to try it yet (v4.1.7 is working so well for me).

What watch are you using?
                    Does it solve battery drain on both phone and watch, no weather updates, no Bluetooth media control, no activity uploads, no notifications?

My daughter's vivoactive was also experiencing the exact same issues as mine with Garmin app 4.2-4.3.

Comment

Apparently issue has solved in Garmin Connect version 4.5. During this week the battery hasn't drained.

Comment

I have a battery optimizer application for Android 2018: https://iplaystoredownloadfree.com/
                        Google Play Store is a tool of absolute necessity to keep you fairly frequently updated on a day to day basis, Play store download free last version
                        Last edited by namichanco; 04-16-2018, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X