Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove Golf in Garmin Connect?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess while thread necromancy is a bad thing in general, for this one it makes sense:
    Please Garmin, allow us to remove Golf from Garmin Connect!

Comment

Why not just ignore it, that's what i do, some folk like me who only ride could say remove running, swimming, gym workouts etc

Comment

Originally posted by Martinr2 View Post
        Why not just ignore it, that's what i do, some folk like me who only ride could say remove running, swimming, gym workouts etc
        Because Golf is much more prominently presented in the app than riding, running, gym exercising, rowing, swimming, etc. (all those are simply grouped in the "Activity" main tab); while Golf has two 2 Main tabs (Download Golf Courses (which should be somehwere in Golf settings instead of being a main tab), and Garmin Golf) plus several sub-tabs (Golf Scorecard, Golf Course Stat, Golf Overall stat). As such, Golf uses uses way more screen estate in the Connect menu than ALL the other activity types combined (e.g., Running is just "Running" in Activities - and I think we can safely assume that all people who bought a ForeRUNNER bought that thing for running, and not for Golfing).

But, to be fair, you have a point: It should be customizable in GENERAL which sports you want to see or support, and yes, you should also be able to disable running, cycling, walking, or yoga if you do not care about these things. This is just a basic thing in good user interface design, and nobody should need to ignore irrelevant information and clutter.

All in all this, should be an extremely simple change, which shouldn't take a semi-competent programmer more than a few hours or even less and would probably make quite some people happier who like to focus on only one or maybe two sports...

Comment

I created an account just for this. I 100% agree. How about only put things that the person has actually registered doing? I am a swimmer and a biker. So... Don't show golf, but maybe add things I actually do, like Swimming and Biking. Carry it through the app for all activities. It would be cleaner and better, and less annoying.

Comment

Why is Golf still shoved down people's necks?????????????????????????????

NO INTEREST IN IT AT ALL

LISTEN UP GARMIN AND MAKE IT AN OPTION AND NOT A MANDATE

This is a sport's watch and Golf is a good walk ruined not a sport

This is blatant BS pandering to golfers who are too tech unsavvy to add this to their activities rather than reference the majority of athletes who actually train with your products - as opposed to gathering asinine metrics on stick swinging

LISTEN UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Last edited by dscollard; 10-10-2018, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Agree with the others here. Let us hide Golf (and other things but especially Golf) from the app. Let us have the freedom to customize these things ourselves. I know that this is not a lot of work. Just make it a settings menu: what main menus to show/hide.

Comment

+1 Make it removable, too much clutter in the GUI as it is

Comment

Working...
                X