No announcement yet.

Notifications Not Working

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notifications Not Working

I bought my Garmin Fenix5s last week and I've had issues with notifications. The notifications will work but then suddenly stop working- including phone calls, texts, etc. I've looked into the forums however I dont see the issue as being widespread or solved. I am running the latest version of iOs on an iPhone X. I've tried to disonnect and reconnect- the only time the notifications appears to work are when I turn the phone off and on again.

Please help as I love the watch but will be returning it if I can't fix it.

Do the notifications stop coming through or do they just not show icons or notification counts on the watch faces?

Are you using stock watch faces or 3rd party watch faces?

Do you leave Garmin Connect Mobile running in the background on your phone?

I ask the above because in my situation, I can force close the GCM app on my phone and notifications will still come through but they won’t show on any 3rd party
    watch face, as they indicate that connection has been lost. If I leave the app running in the background I don’t see any issues, except burning through my iPhone battery at an increased rate!

Aside from the above I’m afraid I can’t be of any more help.

Comment

Originally posted by workshybum View Post
      Do the notifications stop coming through or do they just not show icons or notification counts on the watch faces?

Are you using stock watch faces or 3rd party watch faces?

Do you leave Garmin Connect Mobile running in the background on your phone?

I ask the above because in my situation, I can force close the GCM app on my phone and notifications will still come through but they won’t show on any 3rd party
      watch face, as they indicate that connection has been lost. If I leave the app running in the background I don’t see any issues, except burning through my iPhone battery at an increased rate!

Aside from the above I’m afraid I can’t be of any more help.

Hi- thank you for response. I am using stock faces and I do leave the app running in the background. The notifications start again when I turn the phone on and off but generally disconnect again after a few hours.

Comment

Have the same issue with my F3, F5, and now F5 plus. iPhone 8 plus with latest IOS, and latest F5 plus firmware. Once in a while the watch just stops getting notification. I can turn the watch off and back on. I do notice that sometimes this happens and the watch has not synced with GCM app. Once I force a sync it works again for awhile. Would also like this fixed. No reason not to have Apple Watch level reliability here....

Comment

Same issue here, iPhoneX iOS12, with instinct (and fenix 5x?fenix 5x plus?vivosmart4), just suddenly stopped receiving notification, the status is “connected”, Garmin Connect App is sync and working (with the green dot on the watch icon), every function is working fine just stopped receiving notification, most time it happened during the night or I leave the watch a bit long time not wearing it,

Only I can do is disconnect it and reconnect using the “phone” on watch's control menu, and all my notification are back on,

It's annoying and didn't find any solution

Comment

I’m having the same problem - latest iOS on iPhone 6.

Comment

Working...
            X