No announcement yet.

Android Pie problem

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android Pie problem

Mtpixel 2xl moved to Pie this morning. My morning swim is on my watch (Fenix 5s) but does not sync to the phone. Has worked fine for months, so I suspect a problem with Android Pie and Connect. I restarted both devices and get no errors, but no sync.

Reinstall Connect app

Comment

Did the reinstall, still no sync

Comment

I have the same issue with a Fenix 3 and Google Pixel running Android Pie.

Comment

Same problem here, I can't pair my Fenix 5 (with latest firmware 10.00) with my Pixel 2 XL running Android 9.0 and the latest Garmin Connect app. Seriously, you would think that Garmin has had enough time to prepare for Android 9.0 given the long beta phase it was in. This is really unacceptable!

Comment

We have not be able to replicate pairing issues when testing fenix devices using Android version 9.0 on the Pixel phone.

What app permissions do you have enabled on your phone?
            Garmin Product Support

Visit the Support Center
            www.garmin.com/support

Comment

Thanks for getting back, but nevermind, I reinstalled Garmin Connect and now it suddenly works, no idea why it didn't before. Weird... Sorry for the rant!

Comment

Thanks guys. Reinstalling Connect worked for me also.

Comment

Hi, just updated my OnePlus 6 to Android Pie and suddenly my vĂ­vosport won't connect anymore. Tried restarting phone and re-installing the app but doesn't help. When trying to pair it with my phone, the pairing starts but immediately says pairing failed, try again. Any advice?

Comment

Hi.

After updating my OnePlus 6 to Android Pie the contact to my Vivoactive HR went dead. Uninstalled the app, and reinstalled. When trying to pair it with my phone, the pairing starts but immediately says pairing failed, try again. Just as ;atias Tuom

Comment

I think I have found the solution!

Apart from reinstalling apps...
                      Go to Settings (OP6 Settings) > Bluetooh & device connection > Previously connected devices,
                      enter to Fenix 5 and FORGET the device.

Then go to Garmin Connect and try to link the device.

This has worked for me.

Bye.

Comment

Hi Domella.

It worked, no bluetooth icon in the status bar though, but it works. Thanks a lot

\Kenneth

Comment

The status bar of the OnePlus 6 that is :-)
                          Last edited by KennethNoergaard; 09-26-2018, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you Domella, that worked!

Comment

Hi,
                              I'm on oneplus 6 with FR 235 and I cant pair my watch after android pie.

Comment

Working...
                              X