My options - broken right pedal spindle whilst upgrading V1 to V2

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My options - broken right pedal spindle whilst upgrading V1 to V2

Hey guys,

Looking for some advice on what to do with my Vector 1 dual sided system.

- I bought second hand Vector 1 dual side, and a new Garmin 1 to 2 Upgrade kit.
    - Whilst upgrading, I bent the end of the right hand spindle rendering it unusable (my fault entirely).

Does anyone know if I can do any of these options?

1 - Buy a non power Vector pedal and use it as a one sided power meter? I don't know if the system will work correctly as it may think there are 2 pedals.

2 - Buy a second hand spindle - apparently they are paired in the factory?

3 - Try and buy a full right hand pedal (if someone has happened to stuff their left pedal for example...) but same problem occurs as above.

Any help much appreciated!!

Thanks.
    Last edited by Rib_Rob; 03-08-2017, 12:20 AM.

Originally posted by Rib_Rob View Post
    Hey guys,

Looking for some advice on what to do with my Vector 1 dual sided system.

- I bought second hand Vector 1 dual side, and a new Garmin 1 to 2 Upgrade kit.
    - Whilst upgrading, I bent the end of the right hand spindle rendering it unusable (my fault entirely).

Does anyone know if I can do any of these options?

1 - Buy a non power Vector pedal and use it as a one sided power meter? I don't know if the system will work correctly as it may think there are 2 pedals.

2 - Buy a second hand spindle - apparently they are paired in the factory?

3 - Try and buy a full right hand pedal (if someone has happened to stuff their left pedal for example...) but same problem occurs as above.

Any help much appreciated!!

Thanks.
    Hi,
    I'd contact Garmin support. I've always found them extremely helpful.
    Nick

Comment

As nickdodo said; you need to contact Garmin.

I seem to remember reading a few times here on the forum that the 2 pedal systems don't function as single pedal systems at all.

But you would think on such an expensive device that Garmin would be able to offer some sort of repair; though I assume it wouldn't be cheap.

Comment

Thanks guys. As a bit of back story, I did contact Garmin and they were brilliant and for a good cost gave me a set of Vector 2 pedals, and I used the pods that came with the upgrade kit to complete the set.

I now have the full but broken Vector 1 set sat at home, a shame to see it go to waste so I am trying to get it sorted out.

After trawling through this forum, it appears I cannot buy a spindle on its own, as they are factory paired and would not work (also they are not an individual sale item). Therefore just using a full pedal from another set (if someone broke the left for example) would not work either.

The only option I can see is to buy a proper Vector 1S to Vector 1 upgrade pedal - as I assume Garmin have built in a way to get around the pairing issue with an "Official" dual side upgrade pedal. This will likely be pretty expensive, and I am also unsure if they brought out the option to change from single to dual sided in Vector 2 only.

I will ring Garmin and ask!

Cheers.

Comment

Maybe reviving a zombie but if you still have that spare pedal I'd be interested in it...

Comment

Working...
          X