Announcement

Collapse

Forum Upgrade

We’re excited to announce that the Garmin Forums will soon be moving to a new platform that should greatly improve our forum experience for everyone. We will update everyone as more information becomes available.
See more
See less

Vector 3 battery caps

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vector 3 battery caps

Hi. im having problems with my Vector 3 that i found now to be related to the battery caps.
    i bought it online from a person and i have no proof of purchase but i was able to register them online so its proof they were new.
    im not intilted to get the battery caps?

thanks

You may be in a pickle. I would call Garmin and explain to them the situation.
    1-800-800-1020

I am not sure how they will handle it. Below is what their warranty policy is. The Vector has not been out for 2 years so the pedals are under warranty but I dont know about the proof of purchase.

At worse case you will need to buy the caps on your own dime :/

"Warranty on the Vector power system

Garmin Vector is warranted to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for 2 years from the date of purchase.

Within this period, Garmin will, at its sole option, repair or replace any components that fail in normal use. Such repairs or replacement will be made at no charge to the customer for parts or labor, provided the customer shall be responsible for any transportation cost.

This warranty does not apply to: (i) cosmetic damage, such as scratches, nicks and dents; (ii) consumable parts, such as batteries, unless product damage has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship; (iii) damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, water, flood, fire, or other acts of nature or external causes; (iv) damage caused by service performed by anyone who is not an authorized service provider of Garmin; (v) damage to a product that has been modified or altered without the written permission of Garmin.

In addition, Garmin reserves the right to refuse warranty claims against products or services that are obtained and/or used in contravention of the laws of any country."

Comment

thanks.

the warranty also says that products bought on auction sites (i bought on ebay) are not eligible..... this seems awkward
      Last edited by SUSSAMB; 02-11-2019, 03:29 PM. Reason: Please don't quote the post directly above yours. It's unnecessary and simply clutters up the thread. Thanks

Comment

They can be bought from the Garmin store.
        https://buy.garmin.com/en-GB/GB/p/pn/S00-01030-00

Comment

Anyone knows what the two different BLACK rubber rings are for? How or where to put those?

Cant believe they dont give any instruction with the replacement caps. The replacement parts look identical to the version 2 ones except the black rubber parts.

Comment

The black rings are the dust and water seal that go on the spindle. No need to install them unless those seals need replacing. They are just part of the kit.
            - Alan

Comment

This is unbelivable. Just spent an hour trying to figure out where they go. Why not put more random parts in the bag that is basically labled “fix for the right pedal dropout problem”.

But but but ... then what has changed. Replaced white medal with yellow ones? Cant see any other change. The bottom spring seems a bit tougher but that just reaches the level I’ve reached with a piece of wine cork that I slid under the old spring (made it better but still not always working).

Comment

jjaanus There is an exploded diagram here that shows the relative positioning of all the parts.

The new battery cap contact spring has a different surface plating as well as a slightly different shape to reduce the chance of fretting. The replacement circuit board assembly is provided in case the use of the previous cap designs caused damage to the contact surfaces on the original circuit board. It is recommended to at least replace the circuit board and its holder (part 4 in the diagram) as well as the battery cap. The seal components (parts 7 and 8) can be kept for future maintenance if desired.

It is still required to apply a drop of lubricant to each of the electrical contact points for best results.

Comment

I wouldn't get too excited about the new battery cover and carriage. Received mine today and had over a minute of dropouts from a 55 minute TR activity.

Baby oil on contacts, 2Nm torque on battery cover, good battery voltage, no Bluetooth connection enabled, all the usual guff. Still had dropouts like with the V2 'fix'.

Comment

Garmin have the worst customer service I have encountered for a while. I have had the same issue as you all and am in my third week of being asked to photograph individual parts one per email so my $1300 pedals might just work as power meters. To make matters worse apparently there are no more replacement caps. I have now just sought assistance from the Consumer protection agency to seek a refund as this beyond a joke.

Comment

Maybe I got lucky with my replacement caps. That was one phone call and it was a breeze. Unfortunately, they're not a fix for my problem and I'm now into the second week of sending Edge dumps, photographing the cap threads that Garmin just sent me, and generally trying to prove what is obvious - there is a major issue with the design or build of these pedals and Garmin need to suck it up and accept it as a loss.

I just want my pedals replaced so that I can throw them on eBay as known working, then buy some Favero Assiomas. I can do nothing at all with faulty pedals.

Hang in there and good luck getting your replacements!

Mike

Comment

Working...
                      X