No announcement yet.

New battery doors - do they work?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JC,

Which batteries are you using? Are they legit from the manufacture or fake? The reason I ask is I bought some from Amazon and I would have bet the farm they were not fake until I did some research and found out they were indeed a cheap knock offs I threw the rest out and switched to a legit Duracell and that alone solved most my issue's the new doors fixed the rest
    ~Bart~

Comment

I have now ridden with the new doors, all firmware updated, 3,5 and 5.0 on 1030. No problems at all, no drops, just working. Low battery warning, but I did not change batteries, just swapped then. Will be interesting to see if new doors will give loving running time then old once. I'm in Sweden, got new doors in the beginning of the week.

Comment

I bought the Vector 3 kit directly from Garmin, shipped and received on 06/08, and they indeed have the new battery doors installed. Probably gonna take a little while before retailers start getting these shipments though

Comment

bloom34, which battery are you using the lr44/sr44 I found it difficult to find a name brand battery in either of those. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by btalcox0715 View Post
            I bought the Vector 3 kit directly from Garmin, shipped and received on 06/08, and they indeed have the new battery doors installed. Probably gonna take a little while before retailers start getting these shipments though
            It seems that you had more lucky than me...i receive a new par to weeks ago of vector 3 after send the old one to the warranty, and the new one have the old doors...i am very happy.

Comment

I also only got 1 new door to my dual sided system. I tried it today on the right side, and everything looked great until I reached a climb after about 10 km, there I was standing up and put some pressure on the pedals and the "right sensor is missing"-message showed up again after that it came several times during my 60 km ride and the cycling dynamics is totally screwed up saying I was standing up for +1 hour, pco is useless.

So don't put to much hope on the new door

I was on fw 3.30 on the pedals and 9.00 on my 820. When I got home I updated both the pedals and the 820. So let's see if the next ride is better but honestly I don't have any expectations.

Comment

Had new battery doors on for two 4h rides now. One with previous firmware (3.3?) and one with latest firmware. Still had dynamic cycling dropouts with old firmware, but power was ok. I assume that means the right pedal disconnected. The last 4h ride was flawless with the latest firmware. The first 4h ride was on a trainer, the last one was outside. It looks like Garmin finally nailed it.
                Last edited by KOKKETIEL; 06-10-2018, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Did 175km in 4 stages on Sat, with new design pedals, latest updates on V3 and 1030. Seems to be working.

I think the real test will come when batteries must be changed.

Comment

Installing now. Fingers crossed for tomorrow's ride. Vector 3 user from the Philippines.

Comment

A couple of rides with one replacement cap but still seeing several drops. Super frustrating. Was contacted by support that I would be receiving a second cap, like others, I was only sent one initially, but still waiting for receipt.

Comment

Many more rides and hundreds of miles on the new battery doors, and not a single issue. I was initially still running 3.30 but updated sometime last week to 3.50 - flawless performance with the new doors with either firmware version (I am using the pedals with an Edge 1030).

Comment

where can I find the latest firmware beta? My Vector 3 are 1 week old and right pedal started to drop on the second ride.... how to tell if the battery door is new version or old version?

Comment

The latest firmware release is 3.50, its a release available on GE, GCM and not a beta

Comment

Just thought I'd share some readings from today's ride.

If only...

Soooo many dropouts.

And yesterday's ride.

EDIT: as an FYI, I recorded the Vector on my watch, both of which are up to date in terms of FW... And pedals were ONLY connecting/broadcasting to my watch. Second PW is from my Kickr which was recorded on Zwift.
                              Last edited by MAGNUS_tm; 06-14-2018, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MAGNUS_tm View Post
                                Soooo many dropouts.
                                You are still using one old and one new cap, is that correct? If you post or email your .fit file, then we could verify that any power interruptions you're seeing are confined to the pedal with the old cap.

Comment

Working...
                                X