No announcement yet.

Overly sensitive touchscreen

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overly sensitive touchscreen

Am I the only one with a super sensitive touch screen? My finger can activate the touchscreen without touching it. It's kind of irritating because I am accidentally selecting the wrong menu or entering the wrong letter before my finger even touches the screen.

Mine was trying to changing settings on it's own yesterday due to sweat/rain on the screen.
    It's down to the capacitive screen type used (as opposed to the resistive on older devices like the 810).
    I think it's been discussed on the Edge 1000 forum but I haven't had time to look yet, I think the answer is to lock the screen (which isn't a problem for me as I use an Edge Remote).

https://forums.garmin.com/showthread...ghlight=screen
    Last edited by 57DIBBS; 07-22-2016, 01:43 AM.
    Dave
    Edge 820, Edge 810, Edge Remote,Virb X, Virb Elite, Virb, Virb Remote, Varia Headlight, Varia Radar Light, Vivoactive, Vector 2, Vivofit, Dash Cam 20, Dash Cam 35, Nuvi 1490T, eTrex Vista, and a load of other stuff I've forgotten about.

Comment

Here the same. Particularly in the lower area of the touchscreen seems to react to floating fingers.
      To use the Screenlock makes for me no sense if I liked to use different displays - except one has the remote control.

Comment

And I thought my 510 was bad, at least I can solve that by just pressing harder...

Comment

To use the Screenlock makes for me no sense if I liked to use different displays
          When the screenlock is on I can still select different pages by swiping left/right.
          Dave
          Edge 820, Edge 810, Edge Remote,Virb X, Virb Elite, Virb, Virb Remote, Varia Headlight, Varia Radar Light, Vivoactive, Vector 2, Vivofit, Dash Cam 20, Dash Cam 35, Nuvi 1490T, eTrex Vista, and a load of other stuff I've forgotten about.

Comment

If you go to the
            Settings -> System -> About -> Copyright info

What value do you have for the TCS version?
            - Alan

Comment

Dave

Comment

TSC version: 85.14.00

Comment

Yes. Mine is hyper sensitive also. Kind of irritating, but dealing with it.

Comment

Does using a screen protector make it more or less sensitive?
                    Dave

Comment

Originally posted by 57DIBBS View Post
                      Does using a screen protector make it more or less sensitive?
                      i think it makes it worse.
                      935 (LOVE IT), 735xt (was solid), Fenix 3 (Silver) formally black but it got nicked to ###$@# - Garmin 920 xt - formally fenix 2 (meh) - Garmin 820 (Wow this thing doesn't like finger presses) Garmin Virb Elite (SOLD) - Garmin Edge 510 (SOLD) - triathlon -road cycling - running

Comment

I am trying to figure out whether this is affecting ALL Edge 820 users. So is there anyone who does not have a hyper-sensitive touchscreen that won't be activated unless the finger is physically touching the screen?

Comment

I also do have a hyper-sensitive touch screen on my Edge 820

Comment

Yes. It's capacitance sensing so it will work with gloves, i.e. without your finger touching the screen. IMO, they may need to tweak the algorithm that decides if you've "touched" the screen or not.

Comment

2 days with the 820, one ride... During the setup, the touch is overly sensitive and seems inaccurate, but I can't find the option to calibrate it. During the ride it works with gloves on, but still not accurate.

Comment

Working...
                              X