Collapse
No announcement yet.

Live Track Autostart not working

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to hear, but any word on any fix for us iOS users?

Comment

updated GCM on my android. now livetrack works again with my fenix 5

Comment

This issue should be resolved. Please post if you continue to have trouble.
        sigpic

Comment

LiveTrack Autostart seems to have been working reliably for my last few rides. Looks like it's been fixed in version 4.6.4 of Garmin Connect (on Android).

Comment

Since last update of GCM to version 4.6.0.18 on IOS, LiveTrack do not working neither in Autostart mode nor manually. Please could you check this issue? Thank you very much.

Comment

Been working fine since the last update, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by FatOldSun View Post
                Been working fine since the last update, thanks.
                Do you use ios or android?

Comment

Now I seem unable to even get Livetrack started even be going into the livetrack menu on the app - I am unsure how else I would start it manually.

I was so hopeful my issues would be gone with this new update - now it seems to not work 100% of the time.

This is with a Edge 820 (re!)paired to my Galaxy S7.

Comment

It's not starting automatically with my S8 either. Many other issues were after updating to new software were gone after repairing the device, this one was not.

Comment

Here autostart works but there is a delay. Now it starts after 5 à 7 min riding. I thought when Livetrack was working very well (a few month's ago) it started after a few seconds.

Also the auto upload has sometime a problem. I can see the message upload done, but nothing on Garmin Connect.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback. I would like to encourage those of you who are still having trouble with LiveTrack to reach out to our support team so that we can get more details about your set up and what might be causing issues.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBX63 View Post
                          LiveTrack Autostart seems to have been working reliably for my last few rides. Looks like it's been fixed in version 4.6.4 of Garmin Connect (on Android).
                          A caveat to my previous post that LiveTrack Autostart is now working. As also reported by Florke, I've noticed that LiveTrack never starts when my ride starts, but at a seemingly random time within the first 10 minutes of the ride.

Comment

I have been having intermittent issues with LiveTrack for several months. My last ride on Saturday (5/12), LiveTrack would not start at all. I tried manually starting as well. I have an Edge 810 and using version 4.6.0.18 since May 6. My phone is on iOS version 11.3. Really need this issue to be fixed.

Comment

Here also still problems with livetrack.

When I start an activity on the 820 I still get the error: no dataconnection (translated from dutch).
                              Tried a whole lot of things including new pairing of phone and 820, etc.

But... found out that it seems to work when the Connect app is started before I start tracking my ride!!!
                              When the app is closed as I start the activity I get the error.
                              Tested this a couple of time with identical results.

Figured it out while sitting at the couch at home ;-)
                              To be sure to simulate the outdoors I switched the wifi on the phone off.

Comment

Too bad... what seemed to be working yesterday on the couch, didn't work this evening outside on the bike. Error: livetrack failed.
                                At home repeated the working of yesterday, but again failure.

Comment

Working...
                                X