No announcement yet.

Garmin Edge 810 showing incorrect date and time

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garmin Edge 810 showing incorrect date and time

I have an issue whereby my unit is showing the incorrect date and time on data upload and there is no option to manually set this on the device that I can find. I believe it is meant to use the time zone of the gps (I'm currently set at Jan 2016 which is massively annoying as it takes ages to find the rides on uploading to strava and I've had to delete the strava ride, manually correct the garmin connect data and then re-upload to strava to fix the issue)
    I'm on the latest firmware of 5.10 and have updated the maps to open street using the instructions from the dc rainmaker website.
    Anyone got any ideas how I can fix this without having to edit my workout activities every time?
    Cheers

The time zone will adjust UTC/GMT time to local time. Your problems sounds like something else.

The first thing to try is to remove and reload the time zone map. If that does not work then you may need to try a reset.

Delete the Garmin\gmaptz.img file from the Edge.

Restart the Edge and then connect it back to the PC. Garmin Express should then offer the time zone map as an update. If it does not then you can manually place this file in the Garmin folder on the Edge
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/....00/gmaptz.img

Restart the Edge and let it get a GPS lock.

If that does not fix the problem then try this.
    Prompted non-Vol Clear - Clears NV and deletes all default FIT files and any files in the NewFiles folder. This will not delete Activities, Courses, or Workouts.
    1. Turn device off
    2. Press and hold upper-left corner of the touch window
    3. While pressing touch screen, press and release the power key to turn on the unit
    - Alan

Comment

Originally posted by AWEATHERALL View Post
      The time zone will adjust UTC/GMT time to local time. Your problems sounds like something else.

The first thing to try is to remove and reload the time zone map. If that does not work then you may need to try a reset.

Delete the Garmin\gmaptz.img file from the Edge.

Restart the Edge and then connect it back to the PC. Garmin Express should then offer the time zone map as an update. If it does not then you can manually place this file in the Garmin folder on the Edge
      https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/....00/gmaptz.img

Restart the Edge and let it get a GPS lock.

If that does not fix the problem then try this.
      Prompted non-Vol Clear - Clears NV and deletes all default FIT files and any files in the NewFiles folder. This will not delete Activities, Courses, or Workouts.
      1. Turn device off
      3. While pressing touch screen, press and release the power key to turn on the unit
      Thanks Alan, sorry should have mentioned before Ive already tried deleting the gmaptz.img file and downloading latest from garmin express which seemed to do nothing but will try manually placing the new file in the garmin folder and if not I'll go for the other option

Comment

Woo Alan you're a legend, now fixed, by overwriting my gmaptz.img file with the one from that link
        Cheers!

Comment

AWEATHERALL = Boss

The fix to delete the gmaptz file worked for my Edge 1000, thanks!!

Comment

Garmin Edge 810 showing incorrect date and time

Followed the recommendation on this thread and it worked, temporarily. But, somehow, the problem came back. This has been an endless frustration and enough to force me to start looking at brands other than Garmin. It has been going on long enough for Garmin to notice it, and fix it. Seems they just don't care. Pretty appalling for a market leader that wants to stay the market leader. Or, perhaps they don't?

Comment

I have a Garmin Edge 1030. All was working correctly. Then did a firmware and software update to 3.80.0.0 . Garmin Connect is set to U.S. Eastern Time Zone. Have done multiple sync's. Time on Edge is not only in the wrong time zone, but not the correct time either. Posted a ride to Garmin Connect on Feb 12. Garmin Connect recorded date as completed on Jan 31, 2018. Have not been able to find a way to reset time or date on the Edge. HELP!

Comment

Confirmed that AWEATHERALL's instructions fixed my 820 "wrong time zone" issue after a software update. Thank you!

Prompted non-Vol Clear -
                Clears NV and deletes all default FIT files and any files in the NewFiles folder. This will not delete Activities, Courses, or Workouts.
                1. Turn device off
                Last edited by efishinsea; 05-11-2018, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X