No announcement yet.

Course navigation in Firmware 2.60

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SAMBRENZEL View Post
    ...otherwise you can roll back your firmware using the FirmwarePatcher method as listed by JAYMEFERREYRA and go back to FM2.5.
    I've been looking everywhere ...Where can I find this manual and software?

Comment

Send me a Pm with your email

Comment

HOEGNI65, how did you go with rolling back your firmware? were you successful?

Sam

Comment

Send JAYMEFERREYRA a Pm with your email and you'll be happy

Comment

I share this link with the instrutions, firmware and software to make the downgrade

https://www.box.com/s/a45kjvmnfuc1s1c18ih1

Comment

Originally posted by JAYMEFERREYRA View Post
              I share this link with the instrutions, firmware and software to make the downgrade

The instructions make no reference at all to using the patcher software. Following the instructions doesn't do anything to my unit.

Comment

I'm wasting my time trying to help and you come just complain that simply does not work with you......
                I learn my self how to use the software and I'm sharing the firmware already patched.
                A "thank you" will be great.
                Do you read the instructions on the firmwarepatcher program? Do it, it's a simple read.

Any one have complaints about the patched firmware?
                I think I have to remove the direct link and only send the content by email after pm......

Comment

Chill out. I followed your instructions to the letter and something is missing. I can read. It's just not working. It's a fairly simple procedure.
                  Don't assume I'm an idiot just because your instructions aren't working for me.

Comment

You are doing something wrong because the process work with me and with some users.
                    You are the first with complains.
                    Try patch the original firmware yourself.
                    Last edited by JAYMEFERREYRA; 07-02-2013, 02:17 PM.

Comment

No. I'm following your instructions. Perhaps it doesn't work on Windows 64 bit. Perhaps it's something else wrong. This isn't a complaint. It's feedback. Do what you want with it. I wish I hadn't bothered letting you know.
                      edit : I patched the original software myself. Very simple to do. The update process still doesn't work on my unit.
                      Last edited by STEVEELDREDGE; 07-02-2013, 03:03 PM.

Comment

I have windows 8 x64 and works fine.
                        I think you are missing something but try patch the original firmware (increase 2 numbers with firmwarepatcher) and make the downgrade process again.

Comment

I have windows 8 x64 and works fine.
                          I think you are missing something but try patch the original firmware (increase 2 numbers with firmwarepatcher) and make the downgrade process again.
                          Done that. I think it's a problem with my unit. After copying the patched file to the garmin, it just starts as normal with 2.6 still. So it's ignoring the update on startup.
                          I will keep playing

Comment

Many thanks for the effort, but it's not working for me either.
                            I've followed to the letter, tried both your .gcd files, tried root folder and Garmin and NewFiles. Tried a factory reset and everything again, but it's like it's just ignoring the file.

Anyone got any other ideas? or is my unit (more) faulty?

Marmotte in 4 days!

Comment

You have to rename the firmware file.
                              Try use the patch software and patch the original firmware (increase in 2 or more numbers the version)

Comment

You have to rename the firmware file.
                                Try use the patch software and patch the original firmware (increase in 2 or more numbers the version)
                                Great, working now. 2 and 4 didn't work, skipped to 18, so I guess it thinks 2.68 and it worked.
                                Now showing 2.50 on the About screen.

thanks loads.

Comment

Working...
                                X