Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Edge 510 cannot pair(connect) with Speed/Cadence sensor (GSC 10)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My Edge 510 cannot pair(connect) with Speed/Cadence sensor (GSC 10)

    My garmin edge 510 cannot found Speed/Cadence sensor.
    other sensors (HRM sensors / GPS / Bluethooth phone connection) are connected well.

    Firmware of my edge 510 is 2.5v

    Today, I factory reseted my Edge 510, because Edge lost connection with cadence sensor while riding.
    After factory reset, I tried to re-connect (re-pairing) Edge 510 and Speed/Cadence sensor.
    However, Edge says "Speed/Cadence sesnsor not found".

    What I did to solve this problem are

    1. push reset button of speed/cadence sensor
    2. pull out the battery of speed/cadnece sensor. Wait about 30~60 seconds. try to reconnect Edge and sensor.

    My sensor flash red and green light when I push the reset button.
    And sensor detect magents for cadence and speed very well.

    How can I solve this problem? Do I have to replace battery of my sensor? I just buy the Edge about 3 weeks ago.
    Does anyone have same problem?

  • #2
    Two things to try:

    1) You need to be spinning the cranks and the wheel when you try to pair. You have to do this so that the GSC-10 generates a signal that the 510 can pair to.

    2) On the GSC-10, try putting the battery in backwards for 10 seconds or so. This will short the leads and reset the transmitter ID. Then put the battery in the correct way, and try to pair it with the 510.

    Comment


    • #3
      I just did these two things.

      However, my edge 510 still cannot found any speed/cadence sensor.

      Comment


      • #4
        See if someone else with a Garmin device can pair to your gsc10. Maybe your local bike shop that sells Garmin products will try. If it won't pair with another device then a call to Garmin support might get you a replacement unit. However I'd still replace the battery first. Even though you get the LED's it still might not be enough juice for the transmitter.
        I'm just a forum member....
        I am not affiliated with Garmin other than I own some of their products. For all practical purposes this is a member-to-member help forum.

        For Garmin Support from Garmin Employees go here --> Garmin Support Website To make suggestions to Garmin or just to rant go here --> Submit Ideas to Garmin

        Comment


        • #5
          Dumb question time. You did follow the pairing instructions on pages 6 and 7 of the full pdf manual didn't you? Making the LED's flash on the GSC-10 is just the first part.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 3DKIWI View Post
            Dumb question time. You did follow the pairing instructions on pages 6 and 7 of the full pdf manual didn't you? Making the LED's flash on the GSC-10 is just the first part.
            Yeah, of course, I followed the instructions

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by VOICERESPONSE View Post
              See if someone else with a Garmin device can pair to your gsc10. Maybe your local bike shop that sells Garmin products will try. If it won't pair with another device then a call to Garmin support might get you a replacement unit. However I'd still replace the battery first. Even though you get the LED's it still might not be enough juice for the transmitter.
              Thank you for your advice. I will try a new battery, then I will post result

              Comment


              • #8
                I would just contact support to get a new sensor. If the battery has enough power to make the lights flash there should be enough for the transmitter. I would be concerned that the transmitter is defective and might start working only to fail later.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TIGERMOUNTRIDER View Post
                  I would just contact support to get a new sensor. If the battery has enough power to make the lights flash there should be enough for the transmitter. I would be concerned that the transmitter is defective and might start working only to fail later.
                  I guess that my garmin Edge is fine because it can catch the HRM sensor, which use ANT+ protocol as same as Speed/Cadence sensor. Is my guess right?

                  Anyway, I tried new battery and follow the instruction. However, I failed to pair Edge and speed/cadence sensor.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CANYON_DALE View Post
                    I guess that my garmin Edge is fine because it can catch the HRM sensor, which use ANT+ protocol as same as Speed/Cadence sensor. Is my guess right?
                    Yes, it is right. There is one receiver and it must be working to get HR.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I tried new 2.60 firmware. However, my edge still cant catch the Speed/Cadence sensor. I will try another sensor of my friends.
                      I guess and hope that it is the problem of GSC-10 sensor.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by CANYON_DALE View Post
                        I tried new 2.60 firmware. However, my edge still cant catch the Speed/Cadence sensor. I will try another sensor of my friends.
                        I guess and hope that it is the problem of GSC-10 sensor.
                        I tired new GSC-10 sensor. However, my garmin edge still can't pair the sensor. OMG.
                        It is strange that my garmin can still pair with Heart Rate sensors and bluetooth really well

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by CANYON_DALE View Post
                          I tired new GSC-10 sensor. However, my garmin edge still can't pair the sensor. OMG.
                          It is strange that my garmin can still pair with Heart Rate sensors and bluetooth really well
                          On the 510, you have the sensor type set to Speed/Cadence sensor, right? If you selected 'Speed AND cadence sensor' it won't find the GSC10, because that implies separate sensors for each of speed and cadence, and the ANT+ device types are different for each of the three.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by T_SMIT View Post
                            On the 510, you have the sensor type set to Speed/Cadence sensor, right? If you selected 'Speed AND cadence sensor' it won't find the GSC10, because that implies separate sensors for each of speed and cadence, and the ANT+ device types are different for each of the three.
                            Thank you for your reply T_SMIT,
                            Yes, I selected "Speed/Cadence" sensor. In fact, I tried all four selections, however garmin did not catch the signal. It makes me go crazy.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I disabled all other sensors, such as bluetooth, Heart Rate Monitor, and even the GPS. But my edge 510 still cannot catch the signal of GSC-10.

                              I sent an E-mail to support center to get some repair service few days ago, however I don't get any answers yet. I live outside of the America, so calling to service center is not easy.
                              Additionally, Garmin's repair center, "static.garmincdn.com", is out of service for site maintenance.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X