Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated to 7.0 but Galileo option not available. GPS software not updated?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated to 7.0 but Galileo option not available. GPS software not updated?

I just updated to 7.0 but the Galileo option isn't available. The release notes indicate that the GPS software needs to be updated, but there was no option to perform that update in Garmin Express.

On my unit's about screen, it shows the GPS version as "4.40(!)"

Any suggestions?

david
    I'm riding a metric century (65 miles) in the Chicago Tour de Cure to raise money for diabetes research, education, and advocacy! Sponsor me by visiting http://garminsig.diabetessucks.net. Any amount is appreciated. Thanks!

sigpic

I experienced the same situation. The GPS firmware was update by after the automatic installation of new version my Windows Garmin Express... and then Galileo was installed and became available.

Comment

I've tried multiple updates after 7.0 was installed, still nothing.
      I'm riding a metric century (65 miles) in the Chicago Tour de Cure to raise money for diabetes research, education, and advocacy! Sponsor me by visiting http://garminsig.diabetessucks.net. Any amount is appreciated. Thanks!

sigpic

Comment

My version of Garmin Express is 6.11.0.0

Comment

To update GPS version just use Garmin Web Updater app

Comment

Originally posted by benjdour View Post
            To update GPS version just use Garmin Web Updater app
            Thanks!
            (Garmin Concept: Users have to support... is there a reason why the GPS update is not included in Garmin Express?)

Comment

I am just adding the link to the web updater here:
              WebUpdater (Windows XP SP3 and newer) Updates & Downloads

Comment

Just downloaded the webupdater but getting the error "There was an issue when connecting to the Garmin servers. Please make sure your proxysettings are correct" when launching the app. Guess ill have to do it with Garmin Express.

Comment

So, just did the install via Express. Same problem here, no Galileo available. Here's what I did.
                  Connected to PC to download 7.0 via Express.
                  Disconnected and installed 7.0. (Checked to see if Galileo was there after it rebooted, was not).
                  Reconnected and synced with Garmin Express again. No Gallileo.

EDIT: Just synced via Mac instead of Windows and it installed the GPS firmware after startup. Wierd.
                  Also a side note. When I connect the 1030 to the PC it has massive issues getting into storage mode. I always have to hold the lap button on startup, and even than it fails a lot. I usually sync routes, workout files etc via usb so it's pretty annoying(and I don't think the button likes it). On Mac it goes in storage mode instantly without me forcing it into it with the lap button.
                  Last edited by Jawbone; 01-11-2019, 05:15 AM.

Comment

at first after i updated i had no galileo option but after a restart the option apeared on the device
                    just not sure it will be usefull if all constellations cant be used at once ??

Comment

Powered my unit off, turned on, and GPS was updated, Galileo was there!
                      Last edited by kentkkoch; 01-11-2019, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Version 7 arrived in the UK this morning. Updated vie Express. The first reboot installed the software. The 2nd Reboot updated the Firmware & Galileo appeared.

Comment

Updated Garmin Express on my Mac and the GPS software updated.

sigpic

Comment

This is how it went with my 1030...
                            Plugged into my PC, running Garmin Express 6.10.0.0, the new software was updated to 7.00.
                            Then I had to restart the unit and the update started on the actual unit.
                            Once done, quickly checked for GALILEO - not there... Shut down, plug again to the PC.
                            Another small update, but looked like a normal sync (wasn't saying it is updating).
                            Took it off the cable, restart and... Firmware was updating on the unit itself!
                            Afterwards all nice and shiny - everything works flawlessly!

Maybe important part: ALWAYS disconnect your device FIRST from the small icon next to the clock on the task bar - USB connections, then right click on Garmin and Disconnect. Then Windows says "It is now safe to remove your device". I always do it and thus avoiding any file system corruption on the 1030.

Hope this helps!

Comment

I have just update my edge 1030 version to v7.00 from http://gawisp.com/perry/edge/
                              I can not use garmin express beacuse of the firewall issues
                              After updating to fw 7.00 the gps version seems 4.40 (!). Is it correct? What is the correct gps version for fw 7.00. Does it neccessary to use garmin express for updating gps version.
                              Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X