Unable to plan round trips after firmware 5.00 / EU map update 2018.10

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to plan round trips after firmware 5.00 / EU map update 2018.10

Hello,

After updating my Garmin Edge 1030 to fw 5.00 with EU maps 2018.10, I am unable to create round-trips. Everytime I try it just keeps looking for routes for ever, and when I finally press X it says 'Route calculation error'. I already tried reinstalling the maps through Garmin Express. Does anyone know how to resolve this? I did not change any other settings on my edge after the updates.

no problem here works perfect
    you might want to try a hard reset

Comment

Hello Grunk,

Thank you for your reply. Could you tell me which EU cycling maps are on your device now? I only have Garmin Cycle Map EU South West and Garmin Cycle Map EU North East, which I find confusing as I live in the North West of Europe, but that might just be a naming thing?

Comment

I went back to the dealer who sold me this, and they said they had more reports about this issue. For now they downgraded my firmware and it works again.

Comment

i actually use a openstreetmap on top off the garmin maps and realise that the garmin map is 2017

Comment

This feature doesn’t work at all for me. Is anyone able/willing to try this as well?
            I’m on firmware 6.3 and latest 2018 maps.
            Doesn’t calculate any routes and eventually comes up with a route calculation error. This used to work for me but I can’t remember when it broke.
            Thanks, Dave

Comment

I have just tried this in my back garden England UK using 40k, current location & east as start direction. The 1030 came back with 3 routs. Version 6.3 & Garmin Map 2018.10.

Comment

Originally posted by Daveymorrisuk View Post
                This feature doesn’t work at all for me. Is anyone able/willing to try this as well?
                Doesn’t calculate any routes and eventually comes up with a route calculation error. This used to work for me but I can’t remember when it broke.
                Thanks, Dave
                Maybe your maps did not upgrade correctly? Install them again , if you cant , find another 1030 device and copy old maps

I’m on firmware 6.3 and 2017 maps , I have tested in real life in weekend , round-trip is working ok , I heard that the 2018 maps contains Heatmaps but I don't know the impact (if is working or not better or worst)

Comment

I've managed to get it working by turning off "Unpaved Trails" in avoidance's. There must be something about the area i'm in which contains a lot of "unclassified" roads and the surface tagging of the maps. Anyone know what level of highway tag implies surface=paved? I can only see this being implied for highway=trunk and not primary, secondary or tertiary.
                  I tried popularity routing and that had no effect, the maps behave themselves in all other circumstances so there is nothing wrong with them and no need to re-install.
                  Thanks, Dave.

Comment

[QUOTE=Daveymorrisuk;n1412696]I've managed to get it working by turning off "Unpaved Trails" in avoidance's. /QUOTE]

Not sure about that. In the real world I use OSM & have the Garmin maps disabled & Unpaved roads ON. I left it on when I tried it with Garmin maps & OSM disabled. Tried it again today & left Unpaved ON & used 3 different saved locations in France Holland & Germany. Each time it offered 3 alternative roots. It did take some time to search but it got there.

There were quite a few folks reporting various issues with the Maps not upgrading properly, a reinstall may be worth a try.

Comment

Hi Paul, ok so just for the avoidance of doubt I reinstalled the maps. It made no difference.
                      it definitely relates to the avoidances and the types of class of roads near me. As I mentioned above there are a lot of unclassified (osm tag) roads but it’s unclear what level of surface tagging they have.
                      i also tried installing the osm maps from openfiets in place of the garmin map. No difference, why would there be as they are based on the same raw data.
                      regards.

Comment

Working...
                      X