No announcement yet.

Can't see height values

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't see height values

We I select the field "height", I don't see anything. Just an dot which says I'm at 500 meters, and a horizontal line? I think that the DEM map is in the wrong place?

Thanks in advance!

Hi

I have the same issue.

When I load a route, I haven't any data for total height value, neither altitude profile.

When I navigate height values are recorded, but I can't see the altitude to go.

Thanx for any clue...

Comment

It depends wether your loaded file (gpx) contains elevation-data or not.
      You can check if there are elevations by using Garmin Basecamp. If you can see an elevation-profile there, you will have it on your Edge too.
      Or you simply look inside the gpx-file with any texteditor and check, if there are elevation-tags <ele>00000.000</ele>

Comment

Now I noticed that when I'm looking in BaseCamp, there are no height "shadows". And I can select, in BaseCamp, the Garmin Cycle Map en the DEM map separately. For what I understood, normaly the DEM map is not visable in BaseCamp. And when I select, in BaseCamp, the Garmin Cycle Map I see the roads. When I select the DEM map I see the height "shadows", but no road anymore. Normaly you can see them together as one.

Also, when I create a route, I can't see the height values, when the Cycle map is selected. When I select the DEM map and I look at the details, I can see them? But no TBT navigation anymore?

Comment

BaseCamp can only display one map so that explains why you're not seeing both at the same time.
          Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
          Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
          (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

Originally posted by SUSSAMB View Post
            BaseCamp can only display one map so that explains why you're not seeing both at the same time.
            That is a bit strange because I saw showing two maps a the same time with a Garmin Edge user. A least I could see the roads and the height, let's call it shadows, at the same time. I cannot see that. Or I see the road or I see the height.

Comment

If the data is in the map you will, but if it's two separate 'maps' you won't. As I said, BC cannot show multiple maps, but devices can.
              Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
              (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

So, when I make a route, I can't see the height grafic in BaseCamp? When I download a track, I can see the height grafic? If that is correct, than I better use OpenFietsMap, because then it works well. This is then, if I understand correctly, because the height details, are included in the map?
                Last edited by SUSSAMB; 09-14-2017, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Correct.

Comment

Is there then a difference between the 820 and the 1000? Because I checked it again this afternoon, and the 820 shows road AND height at the same time. And you can not select the "cycle" map and the "DEM" seperately.

Comment

Devices can. BaseCamp can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivas View Post
                        Is there then a difference between the 820 and the 1000? Because I checked it again this afternoon, and the 820 shows road AND height at the same time. And you can not select the "cycle" map and the "DEM" seperately.
                        In BaseCamp I meen...so BaseCamp can show two maps at the same time...The device the maps where loaded in BaseCamp was an 820.

Comment

We're going around in circles. BaseCamp can only display one map at a time. If that map contains height data you'll see it. Devices can select more than one map, though due to something called draw order you won't see them all. Exactly what you see depends on a. The map or maps selected and b. Draw order.

Comment

So, then there must be a difference in the maps the Edge 820 and Edge 1000 are using. But to be honest, that is hard to believe. Because the size of the maps is exactly the same.

Comment

Searching on the internet, I discovered, that this is a bug in the Edge's. When I make a route or a track with BaseCamp, I can't see a height profile. When I make a route or track, with ridewithgps.com it works. Then I can see a height profile of the route.

Comment

Working...
                              X