Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garmin Express cannot sync with Garmin Connect

The software found the device, after clicking "Continue" then either "New Account" or "Existing Account" button.
    It showed the same page as follow:
    ERROR: locale parameter must be specified!!!

Usage: https://sso.garmin.com/sso/embed?clientId=<clientId>&locale=<locale>...

Request parameter configuration options:

NAME REQUIRED VALUES DESCRIPTION
    ------------------ -------- ------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    clientId Yes "MY_GARMIN"/"BUY_GARMIN"/"FLY_GARMIN"/ Client identifier for your web application
    "RMA"/"GarminConnect"/"OpenCaching"/etc
    locale Yes "en", "bg", "cs", "da", "de", "es", "el", "fr", "hr", User's current locale, to display the GAuth login widget internationalized properly.
    "it", "hu", "nb", "nl", "no", "pl", "pt", "ru", "sk", (All the currently supported locales are listed in the Values section.)
    "sl", "fi", "sv", "tr", "uk", "th", "ja", "ko", "zh_TW",
    "zh"
    reauth No true/false (Default value is false) Specify true if you want to ensure that the GAuth login widget shows up,
    even if the SSO infrastructure remembers the user and would immediately log them in.
    This is useful if you know a user is logged on, but want a different user to be allowed to logon.
    rememberMeShown No true/false (Default value is false) Whether the "Remember Me" check box is shown in the GAuth login widget.
    rememberMeChecked No true/false (Default value is true) Whether the "Remember Me" login feature is set.
    createAccountShown No true/false (Default value is true) Whether the "Don't have an account? Create One" link is shown in the GAuth login widget.
    openCreateAccount No true/false (Default value is false) If set to true, immediately display the the account creation screen.
    usernameShown No true/false (Default value is true) If set to false, the regular account creation screen will hide the "Username" field and
    use whatever is specified in the "Email Address" field as the user's username instead.
    Also, any GAuth "Email or Username" fields will be labeled just as "Email Address",
    even though they will still by functional by username.
    displayNameShown No true/false (Default value is false) If set to true, show the "Display Name" field on the account creation screen, to allow the user
    to set their central MyGarmin display name upon account creation.
    initialFocus No true/false (Default value is true) If you don't want the GAuth login widget to autofocus in it's "Email or Username" field upon initial loading,
    then specify this option and set it to false.
    productSupportUrl No Absolute URL to your custom product support URL. If not specified, defaults to http://www.garmin.com/us/support/contact
    termsOfUseUrl No Absolute URL to your custom terms of use URL. If not specified, defaults to http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/sit...e/terms-of-use
    privacyStatementUrl No Absolute URL to your custom privacy statement URL. If not specified, defaults to http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/lan...vacy-statement
    cssUrl No Absolute URL to custom CSS file. Use custom CSS styling for the GAuth login widget.
    socialEnabled No true/false (Default value is true) If set to false, do not show any social sign in elements or allow social sign ins.
    Please help me to settle the problem. Thank you very much.

I got the same problem. Please help.
    Last edited by SUSSAMB; 03-04-2014, 07:51 AM.

Comment

I also got the same problem. Please help!

(I am a user from Hong Kong)

lwk_ahy@yahoo.com.hk

Comment

HI I too have the same problem. Did any of you guys fix it ??

Comment

me too. Is there anyone from Garmin can make a reply?

Comment

You aren't likely to get a reply from a Garmin representative in these forums. If you want a response, you should probably contact Garmin Support.

Travis

Comment

I wrote an email to support on Tuesday and no answer. However, I found a solution:
              Win Key -> Control panel -> Clock, Language, and Region -> Region and Language
              1) Formats -> Format -> English (United States)
              2) Location -> Current location -> United States
              3) Administrative -> Change system locale -> English (United States)
              Reboot and should work!

M

Comment

Working...
              X