No announcement yet.

Garmin etrex 30 goes white sceen afet garmin express sw update

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garmin etrex 30 goes white sceen afet garmin express sw update

When upgrading SW in my GARMIN unit via Garmin express, the unit ceased to worked.
    Whenever I turn it on the screen goes white and no reset (or any other action by the way) is possible

When I connect it to the USB in the PC the message pops up of USB not recognized and device malfunction (always with the white screen of death)

Garmin Iberia is requesting me 120$ plus shipping & packing for the to figure out the issue, but seems to much for me for a problem caused by SW update

Any one of you guys have experienced such a glitch, malfunction as a result of a SW update?

Sounds like you may have disconnected it before the update file was fully downloaded to your device and is now corrupted, which is now causing an issue. If you can get the device recognised you could delete the update file, if you cannot then you may need to take their offer. This FAQ though may help you get your device recognised:

https://support.garmin.com/en-GB/?fa...urce=faqSearch
    Last edited by SUSSAMB; 12-04-2018, 12:57 PM.
    Currently own Drive 50LMT-D, Nuvi 2508LMT-D, Nuvi 1490LMT, Nuvi 1310, Montana 650T, Etrex 20, and use Basecamp, OSM mapping
    Previously owned Etrex Legend H, Mio Navman and used Mapsource
    (please note that I am not employed by Garmin, but am a long term user of Garmin software and hardware)

Comment

Working...
    X